Coming to a final decision. ADVICE please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tamert

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been in the process of planning my trip to Sipadan for mid-july. Basically i want to do 9 nights ten days. For accomodation it has come down to the seaventures oilrig resort or the MV Celebes explorer liveaboard.

Not surprisingly my issue revolves around diving permits. With the liveaboard i am guaranteed much more dives but the price is much steeper than staying at seaventure (where i'd only be guaranteed 3 dives).

I guess i would like to know whether the (significant) price difference is worth it. maybe i'm doing too many days? will i get bored with 9nights/10days?

I could just visit the Indonesia instead or Layang Layang where there is no worry of permits

Thanks for the help guys,

Tamer

I would do seaventures. I might sound biased as I do stay there 3-5 times a year and then the rest of the time on mabul but I like seaventures and what it offers. Plus, loads of time to dive under the rig and an opportunity to mix about with all kinds of people/divers.

The rooms a bit run down and small but it is what it is...

You could do layang2 or indonesia but I can tell you they don't compare in many ways with Sipadan and shouldn't be anyways in the first place.

But if you are fine with a liveaboard for 9 days and can afford it, go for it.

With seaventures, you will get permits to dive...its just a question of if its 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 days diving at sipadan and to be fair, there are some awesome dive spots other than sipadan around the area i would explore if i were you anyways.

Its not ALL about sipadan to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom