comments on apeks atx 200/black pearl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys my girlfriends reg (atomic aquatics b1) has to be repaired it will take several weeks maybe a month to get the necessary parts (pressure seat, 2nd stage cover). in the meantime she wants to get another reg and i am thinking of getting her the apeks black pearl.

i know its basically an fancy atx 200 with investment casting technology etc. etc. looks really sweet. this any good? this was in fact one of my choices for my own personal reg but opted for the poseidon extreme. hopefully if i get this i can hit two birds with one stone and hopefully get to borrow this one as well when her atomic gets fixed:)

feedbacks?

I love mine so much I bought two of them. I'm not sure there are many left. It was a limited run. When we last called there were only about 40 available.

Al Mialkovsky:
I love mine so much I bought two of them. I'm not sure there are many left. It was a limited run. When we last called there were only about 40 available.

i have access to 3 here, the dive shop is right beside my office:) they brought around 10 to the philippines. we dont go deep though say max for my girl is around 120ft and we only dive warm water. you think shel like it?

i have the atx 200 and couldnt be happier, it breaths great, and has never had a problem

Spoon:
you think shel like it?
:D If not~new girlfriend...... :dazzler1:

:blinking: I'd like it.

I love my atx 200 at all depths and warm or cold. I dove with another SB member who had the black pearl. He really liked it, and it looks really cool!

I've used and Atomic B1T2 for years and last year while mine was being serviced I borrowed an ATX200 and thought it was just as good as the Atomic. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I needed one.

I bought an ATX 200 recently and it's a very nice reg, I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with its performance. You're right the Black Pearl is a gussied-up version, differences are purely cosmetic but it would probably make a very nice gift.

I have the Black Pearl and liked it so much that I bought the ATX 200 for my wife. (no more Pearls in stock!)

Back
Top Bottom