Compact camera options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm also intrigued by the automatic depth color correction; I really just want decent pix and videos to share on social media for the least amount of effort possible.

I had a loaner SeaLife Micro (older model) and wasn't too thrilled with its auto white balance: it's pretty good if you want photos looking like water isn't there, but that's not how I like mine. But anyway, for the point and shoot with the least amount of futzing: +1 for SeaLife MicroHD. And you can't beat their service/support.

I would second @emoreira thoughts. The Sealife micro is a very good point and click camera. I had one for a couple of years until I moved up to a bit more advanced model. Mrs. Flush still uses one. They have just come out with the Micro 3.0 so I would imagine that you can find a Micro 2.0 for a pretty good price.

I just went through the same decision that @Bowers is going through and purchased a TG6, Olympus housing and a single S&S YS-03 strobe two days ago. Upgraded from an old Canon s120 shooting only ambient light. Taking it on the first dive tomorrow and will post a brief review. Not to hijack the thread, but you have some nice photos. I think I've sussed out the settings for macro and wide angle (using a slightly modified version of the Backscatter recommendations), but I'm curious as to what settings you use. Thanks.

I started with some of the backscatter settings but I've mixed it up a little bit.. On night dives I shoot mostly ttl and often just with one strobe. I shot mostly with macro at night so one strobe does the job. I also leave the arms and tray at home. I hand hold the strobe and housing. Can be a little awkward sometimes but let's me get very close to things and inside caves and such. The camera is set to aperture priority, auto iso 100 to 400 and min shutter speed 250th. Focus is set to microscope.

During the day I add shoot manual .. I use the arms and tray.. Focus is set to normal...all other camera settings are the same .

Olympus TG series! It will grow with you if you'd like more from your photos/videos and can allow you to add strobes and lenses but it is also a great camera on its own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom