Compare the canister light Brinyte DIV10 and ANO CL2300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

minos2014

Contributor
Reaction score
41d70462-5c7e-4a8f-ab49-93e4b50d2619.jpg
I have used my weekend leisure time to study the dive lights,In order to give more divers the informations
about the dive canister lights. I hope you guys like it and welcome to join my disscussion.Above are the Brinyte
DIV10 and ANO CL2300 canister light. I think some of you guys knew and heard of them before.
3bfb6047-0984-4599-8016-486eabed2c8c.jpg
Above photos show the head of both lights, And you can see the switch for CL2300 is on the head.And the switch
for DIV10 is on the canister. not on the head. I have try push the swith on DIV10, You have to push it slowly and
push it to the end.otherwise you hard to change the mode.But ANO CL2300 is good to change the mode.
94d102bc-bdad-4ef0-acb3-192af010f4c5.jpg
Here above shows the WIRE of DIV10 and CL2300,IMO the wire for DIV10 is more rigid than CL2300, The WIRE for
CL2300 is more soft.I have no idea why DIV10 WIRE is so Rigid .But I think soft is more good. You can see on the pic.
the WIRE FOR DIV10 is hard to drop down to the desk ,and has a big arc; you can also see most of the WIRE of CL2300
are on the desk.Both of the WIRE are freely failling situation.
0ca44a72-61b9-4260-9d40-6daab433963e.jpg
46daf8d7-7d61-4026-905d-65cbcc6e1f2c.jpg
About pic. show the charging port of CL2300,It use 6pcs of 18650 battery .
8.jpg
DIV10 use 3pcs of 26650 battery . and the size of canister is twice much longer than CL2300 canister .
6.jpg
Above photo show the belt holes for two lights. The DIV10 belt hole covered by heat shrink tubing,I am
sure is aluminum alloy inside.
IMG_1025.jpgIMG_1026.jpg
Above two pic. shows the goodman handle .I have found the DIV10 goodman handle is too much big,The CL2300 handle is more
suitable for my hand. and also you can see they are two pcs of screws on DIV10 is hunch-up. That makes my opisthenar easy
to get pain when I hold it for several minutes.The screws on CL2300 goodman handle is sink.
9.jpg10.jpg
Above to photos show the size of the goodman handle, You can see the DIV10 is obviously bigger than CL2300 handle.
11.jpg
Above pic.was a small test to checkout the tightness of the two handle. I have use my hand even I am not grip the
handle, at oblique 45 degree .The CL2300 head still keep in my hand. And I want to try the same on DIV10,Unfortunately
it fails,
12.jpg13.jpg
Here above pic. I have used my CANNO 600D and My IPHONE 5S shoot the pic.to show the size of the light halo. The distance
from light to the wall is about 3M.Both of the light in the same position. You can see the light halo of DIV10 is much bigger than CL2300.
Means the CL2300 is more focus. (Left light hale is DIV10,Right light hale is CL2300).
14.jpg
Above is what you will get when you ordered the CL2300.

When you order the DIV10,It comes no battery, no charger. So we have to find suitable battery and charger. The price for
DIV10 is much cheaper than CL2300. And the DIV10 was produced by Brinyte ,which is good company dedicated to LED
flashlights, ANO CL2300 was produced by ANOINDUSTRY, Is good company dedicated to LED diving flashlight and from my
knowledge. ANOINDUSTRY OEM A lot of different dive lights for other company.

I hope the post can help you on shopping decision. Cheers.

Nice review. I agree with most of your observation on DIV10's goodman handle is too wide. Cable/cored is too stiff and too long. I think a properly length for hip mount canister light should be somewhere between 1m to 1.2m. My light monkey 21W HID has it at 1m. DIV10 has it at 1.5m, I think.

As for CL2300 is a good contender, I think it is strong contender for low cost canister light. What kind of switch it uses? Is it sliding switch like in Sola light? Also how much is it? I have seen DIV10 at $139. Add battery and charger will bring the cost up to about $180. If it is price similar, I will probably get one just for testing.

Looks good. How long is the cord length for the Ano? I like the tighter beam and the better designed goodman handle. The cord material on the DIV10 doesn't really cause me any problems but it's nice to have what looks like better quality cord.

Looking from the picture, it looks like the Ano suffers from the same forward heavy mounting on the goodman handle as the DIV10, which I think is going to be uncomfortable to hold without a glove. The switch looks promising, less likely to catch on stuff.

There's a metal eyelet coming out of the canister. Is that where you unscrew a plug to charge the batteries?

However, the shorter canister on the Ano might not be a good thing. The canister needs to be long enough to catch and hold on to the longhose, and I don't see the Ano's canister being able to do that.

Last edited:
Many thanks your review Minos.
Our DIV10 is a early dive light and it has been updating according to so many warmhearted sugestions.

As we all know, DIV10 used a softer line once, but this harder line has better conductivity.
In another post about DIV10, we detailed discuss those problem.

Our DIV10 is a early dive light and it has been updating according to so many warmhearted sugestions.

As we all know, DIV10 used a softer line once, but this harder line has better conductivity.

Is there a rough timeline where the new Brinyte canister light will be released?

View attachment 213137View attachment 213138
Above two pic. shows the goodman handle .I have found the DIV10 goodman handle is too much big,The CL2300 handle is more
suitable for my hand. and also you can see they are two pcs of screws on DIV10 is hunch-up. That makes my opisthenar easy
to get pain when I hold it for several minutes.The screws on CL2300 goodman handle is sink.

I think this is an user installation error. The DIV10 I have does NOT have this issue. The screws are well hidden in their cavities.

---------- Post added July 21st, 2015 at 06:30 PM ----------

I think switch on light head is nice, but more importantly is the choice of the switch. In real usage, user will hardly turn the light on and off in water, or even adjust the brightness level. I would take good switch on canister over a bad switch on the light head myself. I think DIV10 switch is OK in terms of operation, but only time will tell how reliable it is. I am actually not a big fan of sliding switch, but I can't really comment on this one until I see the light. One thing I like a lot about DIV10 is how small the light head is. From this picture, CL2300 has bigger light head. I hope it still feel small in person.

I just look up the spec on Ano Industry, it says the cord length is 1.5m. If it is 1.1m, I would have ordered one for testing. At 1.5m, I will have to replace the cord myself, which is too much hassle for me at this moment.

Nice review. I agree with most of your observation on DIV10's goodman handle is too wide. Cable/cored is too stiff and too long. I think a properly length for hip mount canister light should be somewhere between 1m to 1.2m. My light monkey 21W HID has it at 1m. DIV10 has it at 1.5m, I think.

As for CL2300 is a good contender, I think it is strong contender for low cost canister light. What kind of switch it uses? Is it sliding switch like in Sola light? Also how much is it? I have seen DIV10 at $139. Add battery and charger will bring the cost up to about $180. If it is price similar, I will probably get one just for testing.

Is magnetic push button. You can visit my website to know the ANO CL2300 Canister dive light. I have cooperated with ANOINDUSTRY for doing promotion . There is a video you can see the switch/Cheers

---------- Post added July 21st, 2015 at 09:35 PM ----------

Hi . Brinyte

Thanks for your answer . The brinyte in my pic.was bought from you 15days ago . I think I have used the latest one . I wish next time please send me correct one and I will post here .Cheers

---------- Post added July 21st, 2015 at 09:40 PM ----------

I think this is an user installation error. The DIV10 I have does NOT have this issue. The screws are well hidden in their cavities.

---------- Post added July 21st, 2015 at 06:30 PM ----------

I think switch on light head is nice, but more importantly is the choice of the switch. In real usage, user will hardly turn the light on and off in water, or even adjust the brightness level. I would take good switch on canister over a bad switch on the light head myself. I think DIV10 switch is OK in terms of operation, but only time will tell how reliable it is. I am actually not a big fan of sliding switch, but I can't really comment on this one until I see the light. One thing I like a lot about DIV10 is how small the light head is. From this picture, CL2300 has bigger light head. I hope it still feel small in person.

I just look up the spec on Ano Industry, it says the cord length is 1.5m. If it is 1.1m, I would have ordered one for testing. At 1.5m, I will have to replace the cord myself, which is too much hassle for me at this moment.
Sorry, I can NOT find how to install it correctly ,mine DIV10 had the problem is the screws are hunch-up. Many of my clients complain about that. If you know how to avoid , Please kind let me know.

At the earlier time . The ANO CL2300 was used the 1.5m cord , But now they changed it to 1.1 meters . I have sold some of ANO CL2300 and ANO CL2300X, Both of them are 1.1m cord./ Cheers

Last edited:
The ANO CL2300X use 12X18650 battery . Gives 6 hours burn time in high mode.
IMG_1053.jpg

Last edited:
So Minos, basically your ”review” is just you bashing a competitors product and promoting something you sell as ”better”? It doesn't give you much credibility as a reviewer and makes me question your integrity as a seller

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom