Compare Wakatobi and Raja Ampat--for snorkelers? Please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On a Komodo trip on Damai I, the captain was an avid snorkeler and he and the snorkelers would go off together.
Not surprized at all, I would also state Komodo might be great for snorkeling too, good vis, excellent fish and shallow coral life, Batu Bolong or Pengah for instance are amazing in the shallows, there are more sites sheltered from the current that you would think of.
I have even seen folks snorkeling on castle rock : the people were holding to a rope while in teh meantime we scuba divers where swept by the current in the depth.

Hey Dan,
Just used your pics (and my good looks) to talk my wife into a longer time at Misool :yeahbaby:

- Bill

:)

I heard that there is a stingless jellyfish lake, like the ones you see in Palau & Kakaban (Maratua Atoll), 3rd one in the whole world, as you see in this video. Ask them to take you there while they are still in pristine shape & abundant, before getting messed up by tourist like they did in Palau.

:)

I heard that there is a stingless jellyfish lake, like the ones you see in Palau & Kakaban (Maratua Atoll), 3rd one in the whole world, as you see in this video. Ask them to take you there while they are still in pristine shape & abundant, before getting messed up by tourist like they did in Palau.

WOW! So cool. I hadn't known about this!

Unfortunately my rock-climbing days are behind me now....although we do LOOK far better than the guys in this video, so there's that...

- Bill

Update: we are booking a dedicated snorkel trip in Raja Ampat on Blue Manta! Very excited even though it is over a year away (those Raja Ampat trips do book up way in advance).
Thanks for the pictures and suggestions.
We got the snorkeling and diving guide ebook to read and take along and I have ordered another that only comes in hard copy as a holiday gift for my husband: Marine Life and Natural History of the Coral Triangle, Lee Goldman and Ethan Daniels https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/9710321439/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you all so much!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom