compass-where do you keep yours?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here in limited vis waters I look at the compass more often than the spg..I keep it on the console,can scan gauges when looking at compass and I hate to wear anything on wrist.Things get hung up when digging or reaching for the lobster.Also less chance of losing it if on console,do not have to remember to pack it in bag at end of day,small chance of forgetting the regulator/console.

I keep my compass on my suit (sk-7, left wrist)

I never bought that "you might forget it" argument either. If you're not organized enough to pack your gear (or keep it consistently in the same spot post rinse) you'll eventually forget all kinds of stuff.

I mean you need your mask. Regs. Fins. Suit. etc etc etc. If I provided a list of all the stuff I take and include my save a dive kit, it's going to be a long list

:)

I love my SK-7 in my Deep Sea Supply mount on my left wrist. WAY better than the compass on a retractor that I had before.

I concur. I also have my vytec right next to it using a similar mount. I never go in the salt water without both of them.

Hello, I keep my compass on the end of my console, which makes it 'leggy', and is fast becoming annoying. I use it maybe twice during my dives. Is it more convenient to wrist-mount it or put it on a retractor? Thanks.

Previously had a Suunto retractable compass but don't really like thinks hanging on me. Recently removed compass from an "expired" Suunto Cobra, attached a cord, and store this in a pocket on my waist band (bp/w). When I need the compass I put cord around wrist and am able to hold it level in front of me and to drop it on the cord for use of the hands. This is simple and stays out of the way most of the time.

I don't have a scooter yet so my cannister light goes on my right hand. This leaves the back of my left for my compass(SK-7 DSS bungee mount) with my OMS bottom timer on the left wrist. My computer is on the right wrist. This is the setup I've been using since I sometimes use a wrist slate on the left forearm. This way everything is in line, clean, and laid out so that I can get all the info I need without moving anything. My comp has backlighting the other stuff does not. I can use the light to illuminate everything just by moving my hand a couple inches. This comes in handy as I usually dive with my hands together out in front of me. Gives a stable platform for navigation and I have the compass in the mount so in this position the lubber line is in line with my body.

Thank you all for your input. I like the left wrist mount idea and will probably try that next.

Back
Top Bottom