Complete novice in Geneva from Burma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A.Lwin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everyone,

My name is Aung Lwin, a thirty-something consultant and freelance photographer working in Geneva, Switzerland. I'm originally from Burma (a.k.a. Myanmar).

I've just started taking the PADI OWD course after doing some snorkeling last year and realizing I want to go even deeper and stay longer underwater.

Another reason I want to scuba dive is also to hopefully one day promote this recreational activity in my own country and show people there that it's not an expensive, dangerous and difficult thing to do.

I hope to become an active member of this forum, so see you around online if not in person as someone(s) dive buddy.

Welcome to Scubaboard! Enjoy the forum and life in Geneva; it's a beautiful town. Are you going to dive the lake?

Hi, thank you for the welcome.

I'm not yet sure where I will do the open water part of the lessons. Maybe in lake Geneva or another lake, or maybe down in the coast of Spain near Valencia if any dive center there starts their courses during the time period of a trip I am planning to make soon. But definitely after finishing the OWD course and perhaps taking some additional speciality courses I will definitely be going places to dive... I only hope work does not tie me down much.

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard. :admingreet:

You're not too far from great Med diving in several countries.

Don't ignore the lakes, the water may be very cold but there is some interesting diving there. Flooded villages make for great dive sites, maybe think about a dry suit as snow melt does not warm up quickly.
Spain, Italy, South of France, Malta, Sardinia, all are within easy striking distance.
Burma should have some great diving if the reefs can be protected quickly.
Have fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom