Completed Divemaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raftingtigger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just finished everything for Divemaster last night. Now I get to work on insurance, etc.

I really started taking the DM training to support my Venture Crew - but like a typical teen group, in spite of everyone saying they wanted to learn scuba, many either couldn't get the funds, had other interests, or in a few cases aren't comfortable underwater. Net result is the Crew is 2 youth divers richer. So I'm expanding my focus to help other local Sacramento Valley scout divers.

I did discover that being a paid DM is a young person's job. Glad I'm not planning on making a living carting tanks around. As a volunteer for scout groups THEY can lug their own gear, my job is supervision. Wish me luck.

Good luck :) now you need to change your status :wink:. And your right its a young mans job as most places dont even want to pay dive masters. If I were closer to the ocean I would do it for free dives off a boat but hey Oklahoma is a little land locked. Congratulations none the less!

Congratulations. It's a great feeling to have just finished EVERYTHING. You'll have to get moving now--100-199 dives since 1971....maybe you'll get that many again in the next year or two.

You'll have to get moving now--100-199 dives since 1971....maybe you'll get that many again in the next year or two.

Let's see... Learned to dive before I could drive and had to drag my non-diving family with me... Went to school in San Diego and Santa Barbara. Got lots of diving there. Graduated and only had a few buddies available. Years later married a great guy and he took me to CanCun - 'made' him learn to dive. A couple of years diving with him, then got pregnant. Between work with crazy hours (regional airline pilot) and 2 growing kids there was no time to dive after the 2nd. A 10th anniversary in Cozemel - some drift diving. Back to school (masters) for a career change... And finally my kids are old enough to dive. I don't know about even 100 dives in the next year, but I'll take whatever I can get.

As for finishing "everything" - not a chance. It's on to DSD leader so I can help introduce more scouts (and parents) to the sport.

Congrats, I am also getting close to my DM and have loved every minute of the work, except the dang swim tests!

Hear Hear... The SWIM TESTS!!!

Congratulations on getting the job finished

Yes, it was a lot of work but you did it! I finished my DM earlier this year and have been very very busy with my LDS. It feels great to finally get paid for something you really enjoy. Good luck and keep diving!

Back
Top Bottom