Compressor ID and direction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nondem

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have this compressor: linearrow.com/personal/compressor/

I understand there are some very knowledgeable guys around here and I'm hoping someone will be able to help. My apologies for the url...Scubaboard isn't one of my regular hang-outs so I don't have enough posts(5) to qualify for posting functional urls.

I'd like to know exactly what model it is for one. I'd also like some general advice on it. I may be interested in fixing/using it if it's not going to be more expensive and trouble to fix and maintain over time than another compressor. I think I can get an electric motor for around $100 that will run it and as far as I can tell it would work.
All the knobs turn freely and it rotates very smoothly but of course I don't know if it is as good as it seems. There is a section of finned tubing that is rusty and I hear it's expensive. Most of it looks good though.

If I can figure out the model - I can try to drum up some documentation on it and do some educated investigation myself.

Thanks for any help guys....

It's a Bauer. Model Capitano-H. Probably early 1970's. The coolers may be corroded but, unless excessive, probably still functional. Bauer's last a good long time and yours is probably worth keeping. Best thing to do is to simply run it and see how it does.

FYI, my company manufactures and carries most wear items for this machine. If you like, contact Gabe at 800-338-5493 to obtain a parts manual and the name of your closest Lawrence Factor dealer. Also, Craig Clark (a regular on this forum) is an authorized L-Factor dealer.

Back
Top Bottom