compressor shopping questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herb-alaska

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It appears as if I may need to make the jump to owning my own fill station. Can you folks point to a shop or 2 that carries dive compressors so that I can start the shopping. I am hoping in the great NW area because shipping is already going to kill me going to AK
What I hope to have
Portable (somewhat)
Gas powered
HP capable
Around $4,000 to get started

Let me know if you think that I am dreaming or if you have ideas. I have resources locally that I am pretty sure I could trade compressor use for education on the operation and service of the station so I am not too worried about that.

Thanks for your Help
Herb

I am a dealer for Bauer but a distributor for Coltri/Nuvair and both companies have a compressor in your $4000 price range + or -. I try to keep the Coltri small compressors in stock an just special order Bauers. Plus, I offer free Continental USA shipping to board members so yo would only be paying from Seattle to AK.

Now ... all that self promotion stuff done ... you will find that the small compressors have small filtration systems as well. With the little guys, you will have no problems getting Grade E with the installed systems as long as you are just using it to pump up a few cylinders a week. Plus, if you do the required service, you will end up paying about $2.50 per fill in maintenance supplies. By adding additional filtration, you will get better air for longer and can pretty much guarantee yourself Grade E or better.

Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom