Computer suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pilaar39:
If anyone has any comments on the Wisdom, I would appreciate hearing from you.

I dive a Wisdom Pilaar...actually between myself..My Buddy and 12 to 14 others here in GTMO. I have seen the Wisdom get many good reviews from all users. 2 Buttons to manipulate..clear dispay,,Nitrox Capable and Planning Function works Great. I would recommend it to anyone planning on purchasing one. As far as the Download, it gives Dive History and Dive Graphs that are very user friendly and a good review of all Your Dives. I personally wear a Suunto Stinger on My wrist as a redundant guage...They are quite close. Thumbs Up for the Wisdom here...

[Actually, it would be interesting statistically, to know how many people with dive computers have had them fail on them during a dive.[/QUOTE]

We dive with two computers and analog guages---The first dive with my new Computer in the pool and it did not work properly and back to the factory it went...so it is good to look at your tables---plan your dive and back-up--as I do not want to sit out for 24 hours on a dive trip if my only computer fails.

I check them both before during and after the dive. I have learned it's not if, but when something will fail and be ready.

armyscuba:
I dive a Wisdom Pilaar...actually between myself..My Buddy and 12 to 14 others here in GTMO. I have seen the Wisdom get many good reviews from all users. 2 Buttons to manipulate..clear dispay,,Nitrox Capable and Planning Function works Great. I would recommend it to anyone planning on purchasing one. As far as the Download, it gives Dive History and Dive Graphs that are very user friendly and a good review of all Your Dives. I personally wear a Suunto Stinger on My wrist as a redundant guage...They are quite close. Thumbs Up for the Wisdom here...

Thanks for taking the time to pass along your comments!

In re: the statistical analysis:
1: What percentage of dives have ended in decomp due to computer failure
2: What percentage of dives have ended in decomp due to the divers failure to do a
a proper crosscheck and exceed the limits.

I use a Suunto Vyper and love it. I would like to have the air intregrated, it is more accurate when it comes to the graphs.

My wife and I both use Oceanic units. She has a Datamax Plus, and I have a VT Pro. Both are air integrated. The Datamax has bigger numbers and is easier to read. I"ve looked at all the other mfg's. and still like Oceanic best because:
--Simple screens.
--Big numbers (I wear +2.0 reading glasses and can see both screens underwater).
--The Nitrogen loading graph!! Very intuitive to see how close to deco. you are.

Ultimately you have to look at all the units, read the info. and make your own decision. Do a google search and enjoy the discovery..

biscuit7:
I don't recommend air integrated computers at all. If the computer fails, you have NOTHING, no depth, no pressure, no time. That would concern me.

A lot of people use this argument, but I would not worry about it too much. If your computer fails protocol always says abort the dive, and don't dive for 24 hours. Normally you would surface, and you can use the rule of ascending no faster than your smallest bubble.

If it is still a concern, I use a citizen aqualand to do depth and time, plus my computer (Aeris 750GT) will work in guage mode is the tanks pressure fails.

Back
Top Bottom