Computer wrist strap (boot)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pipedope

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
I am shifting my equipemnt configuration and decided to do away with my console.
My LDS had a rubber boot that fit my compass perfectly but nothing to fit my Oceanic DataMax.

So I made my own.

I used a standard velcro watch band, about 8" of 1" tubular nylonand some braided masons twine (cave line would also work perfectly).

I heat sealed the cut portions of the nylon tube to prevent fraying.
I cut a slot on one side of the tube in the middle of its length for the twine to trap the watch band. The twine goes through the tube and serves to hold the tube wrapped around the computer and to hold the band.
There are two pieces of twine. One goes around the computer (inside the tube) above mounting ring, one goes under the computer (also in the tube) and holds the band.

I will post a couple of pics. The first is looking at the bottom of the computer.

Here is a top view.

Great idea. Looks pretty neat.

Wonder if anyone has a suggestion on how to do the same with a USD Monitor 2? I only have the case that lets me attach it to the HP hose.

Looks like a brick but heck, it still works and its the only one I have :wink:

Cheers

Pipedope- Thanks for the great posts!

I have two of the same computers, and had recently given up trying to find the wrist mounts for them. I was planning on trying a DIY solution.

If I couldn't figure anything out, I was going to have to buy something new. That would have pissed me off as they're both working perfectly and computers aint cheap :wink:

Thanks Again,
Scott

Hey, that's good too. You could make it a bit prettier with a black zip tie, but very efficient.

I like your system as it is very quick and simple.

I would have needed a longer band than I had on hand to use your system.

pipedope once bubbled...
I like your system as it is very quick and simple.

I would have needed a longer band than I had on hand to use your system.

I'm thinking a couple of loops of surgical tubing would make a fine strap for that cabletie arrangement. In fact I'll let y'all know. I'm gonna try it with my now bootless BT.

John F

So I cobbled something together using parts from all of your ideas. I used two loops of 1/8" surgical tubing and two black zip ties per computer.

I'm trying them out tomorrow morning. If they function as well as they look, I'll post some pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom