Concerned about sharks? Odds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are great shots. Wow, what great conditions. We see Florida sharks on reefs 60+ feet down, and can't get a photo like that. In June (Jupiter, FL again) we saw a Hammerhead during our 40 foot stop after a deep dive. I remember the beautiful shape of the tail. We had good viz, but the picture just barely shows a shark.

Those are great shots. Wow, what great conditions. We see Florida sharks on reefs 60+ feet down, and can't get a photo like that. In June (Jupiter, FL again) we saw a Hammerhead during our 40 foot stop after a deep dive. I remember the beautiful shape of the tail. We had good viz, but the picture just barely shows a shark.

Hmmmm, Hammerheads eh? Might be able to help you there...

[vimeo]2123440[/vimeo]

From Galapagos a couple of years ago.

Splitlip, last year (maybe the year before) we took a Jupiter twilight dive with Ham on Republic IV. Great guy. Our shark count was 11 or 13, depending on who said. That was one of those cold current early-Summer dives. Looking at my logbook, it seems like we see more sharks when the water temp is 75 or below.

You ever get a good shark picture? Sharks have a natural camo, and what we think will be a great picture is always rather weak.

Stu.

Ham is a great guy.
I've gotten a few pictures. Nothing worth getting excited.

I'm certainly no expert, but the cold water upwellings bring nutrients (snot). Maybe that has something to do with shark appearances.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom