Condemned tanks sure are precious.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You aren't paying for the tank, but rather for the work that goes into it. Those are works of art that require a great deal of time, effort and skill.

$800?

I've turned written off cylinders into door-stops and ashtrays at some of the centres I worked for. Was such little effort, time and energy that I did it for free.

Art is art. If someone values it, then fair enough. I still reserve the right to laugh at people who pay ridiculous amounts for common items.

I love art.... it's a way of liberating money from stupid people.

Garden gongs are art. Charge $800. kerrrr-ching

I'm just off to glue some discarded o-rings together. It's art. I take paypal...

OK, I understand the "art has a price beyond it's components" argument, but c'mon, garden gongs aren't exactly one offs by Picasso or Chihuly or Stradivari. It's not an original idea, it's been done a million times before and you'd be lucky to sell one of these for $50 ten years from now. These are more in the category of swap meet crafts like handmade birdhouses and beaded necklaces.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom