condensation in PT020 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CLA:
Neither could I find re-chargable desiccant packs here but I'll email the the dealers you recommended and ask if they can ship to the Philippines. In the mean time, is it OK to just heat my old desiccant packs in an oven toaster or microwave? I was thinking of doing that but was afraid the grains would melt.
I know preservesmart will ship overseas, that's where I got mine from. To revive silica gel pop it in an oven at no more than 80°C (best to rely on an accurate oven thermometer rather than the oven's thermostat) for about half-hour. But you must store it in an air tight bag/container if you are not going to use it straight away. I store mine inside the original plastic bag it was shipped in which I then place inside an interesting product called the Vacu Vin coffee saver (Vacu Vin)

CLA:
Re the Kool-Aid test, how will you know if the the powder got discolored because of moisture from inside the camera rather than from a leak (if water condenses on the metal buttons anyway).
Use plenty of fresh/revived silica gel when performing the test. Also, if it is salt water the salt will crystalise...

....more helpful hints. Thanks ReyeR!

I inspected the housing just now and did not notice any salt crystals. I'm hoping this means the moisture didn't come from a leak but from my carelessness - I used an old desiccant pack and left the camera on the boat in between dives. Nonetheless I'll be testing the housing tomorrow on my first dive and will keep all your useful suggestions in mind.

Thanks again everyone!

Cathy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom