conditions on khao lak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sawasdee ka

Cherry and I just got back from Thailand last night and can report that its business as usual. Everywhere its just about back to pre Tsunami conditions. Phrang Nga province (where Khao lac is ) was hardest hit as was Kamala but it has been well restored with a bit more work to do at Kamala and the north. The weather has been marginial for most of December but it has just turned on the 20th or so. Warm dry and wonderfull. We will post a bit longer trip report after the jet lag is off but we really want to highlight the service we got from Steven at Sea Bees Kata. It really dosent get much better than that. He is on this board as Stevenl I believe. And a big thanks to Scubaboard for hooking us up. Everyone feel perfectly happy going to Phuket. One thing you will note is a big upgrade in attitude amongst the residents. You dont face that kind of challange and not come away changed. Life is simply far more precious to them now and they truly are the kindest most wonderful people we have ever met. One spot I really want to tell you about is The Friendship resort on Chalong bay. Its just a 5 min ride to Chalong peir. Great food prices are reasonable with both Thai and western fare.

If you really want to help out after the Tsunami the best way is to pack your regs and go there for a holiday. Spread your money around and enjoy.

Radisawat ka

Back
Top Bottom