Condom Caths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveandclimb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I am about to purchase a lightly used Bare Nex Gen via cragislist and the seller informed be that they will throw in a NIB P-valve which seems like a good thing since I know P-valves are like a hundred buck normally. Anyway, I am trying to figure out what type of condom caths to get and I must admit the whole adhesive thing is pretty unappealing but I saw on the Rochester medical site that they sell Natural condom caths which are non-adhesive and instead have some sort of band which wraps around the outside to hold them on. I suspect theses are more expensive but I would be more than willing to pay extra to avoid all the pain associated with adhesive removal. My questions is whether anybody is using these and if so whether they have found that they stay on well or if they slip off.

Try Lighthouse for the Blind, they have great prices and sell the type most of us use. Go to "Medical Products" and go to "Mentor Male External Catheters". And yes, these are adhesive. Even with these, sometimes there is an issue with sealing. I really wouldn't trust ones that don't glue on. :)

Rochester wide-bands are pretty popular - you really don't want it to pop off, and these have some pretty tenacious adhesive. You can go on their website and request free samples, too.

I second LHB and the wide bands.. They do hurt a little but only once a day :D. Its worth it to stay dry.

Try Lighthouse for the Blind, they have great prices and sell the type most of us use. Go to "Medical Products" and go to "Mentor Male External Catheters". And yes, these are adhesive. Even with these, sometimes there is an issue with sealing. I really wouldn't trust ones that don't glue on. :)

OK. Thanks for the feedback. This is kind of what I figured so I'll just suck it up. Anybody have tips to help make removal less painful?

Yeah.. Bite your tongue LOL..

there is a really good thread on The Deco Stop about condom caths. It's pretty informative, and funny.

OK. Thanks for the feedback. This is kind of what I figured so I'll just suck it up. Anybody have tips to help make removal less painful?

Don't shower the morning of the dive. Put it on in the morning, and don't take it off until you get home after the dive.

I agree, read the "condom cath - mastery or misadventure" thread on TDS for all the gory and hysterical details.

wish I could find the link to the female directions . . . you think it hurts for men . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom