Confused...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have sea and sea for years it has got one of the most reliable seal of battery compartment I don't know how you would flood one
The YS-D1 is a fine piece of equipment and even more powerful than the Inon Z240, having said that the latter is a fine piece of kit as well
The Inon equipment is compatible with all camera flash systems the Sea and Sea aren't this is the key decision point I would check on the sea and sea website if your camera works well before committing to a purchase

Thanks. I keep getting more and more confused it seems. I have one group telling my that Sea & Sea strobes are good, but flood easy - and that Inon's are indestructable. I have one group telling me the S&S strobe (YS-D1) is better than the Inon I am looking at because of the higher power.

And has anyone had experience with I-DAS arms/clamps/ etc.?

ARRRGGGHHHH!!!

I've never known Sea & Sea to be prone to flooding easy. I've got hundreds of dives on duel YS-01's, and not one issue with anything.

I have I-DAS handles, arms and clamps as well as some ULCS clamps. Although the ULCS gear is better finished I don't know whether they are better value for money over the I-DAS gear.

If you look at the D1 from S&S and the Z240 from Inon they are the same power with the same beam dimensions but with no diffuser the D1 is indeed higher power but with a relatively narrow beam. In practice at the same beam diameters they are the same. The S&S is indeed quite a bit less expensive. As for flooding I don't think S&S are easy to flood at all and mine at least have been quite reliable (after the D1 was recalled and fixed). I have all the strobes you are looking at. All of them will work fine with your system. As for arms I would go wi ULCS, theylreally are indestructible. Bill

Well, after all of this I am down to a single D-2000 or YS-D1 or dual YS-01's. Still undecided on the I-DAS arms/tray vs. the Nauticam/ULCS. Just doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there on the I-DAS.

Looks like it will be a moot point for the next month or so anyway - had a great, once in a lifetime present for my wife hit the radar and it's a deal I can't pass up :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom