Congrats to my friends at Splash for winning not one but two 2016 BTB Awards!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Downing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Spotted this on Splash Dive Center's Facebook page:

Belize Tourism Board just announced it's annual national tourism awards, and Splash Dive Center in Placencia won two of them: Tour Operator of the Year and Hospitality Award of the Year.

I'm guessing Tour Operator is for diving operations, but I have no idea what goes into the Hospitality Award. They are very hospitable, though. Lol.

So a tip of the cap to my good friends and Splash owners/operators Ralph Capeling and Patty Ramirez for being recognized for a job well done. Can't wait to see you both in June.

Two others of my Belizean favorites made the list as well: San Ignacio Resort Hotel won Hotel of the Year and its in-house restaurant Running W Steakhouse won Restaurant of the Year. I always stay at the SI Resort Hotel when in the Cayo District. I'm not sure what "Resort" is supposed to mean but the pool and grounds are very nice, the rooms are comfortable and the a/c always feels good after a few days sweating it out in the jungle. I'm a little surprised at the Running W award, where I thought the ambiance was fantastic but the food only ok. Imho there are better places to eat in SI but maybe the Running W's gotten better.

And the owner of The Great House in Belize City, another favorite of mine for a place to stay, was recognized with a lifetime achievement for helping develop tourism in Belize.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom