Conservative algorithm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjjbad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know if the Suunto D4 and D6 has the option to go from 100% RGBM to 50% like on the viper?

J

Perhaps I should be a little more specific. I read on the computer forums a post that was concerned about the fact that the Suunto RGBM algorithm was reducing bottom time more than other computers. Someone posted that on the Suunto Viper you could switch a setting on it to make the 100% RGBM algorithm to switch to 50% increasing bottom time marginally.
Can anyone confirm that this is the case? Or if its possible to do this on the D4 or D6.

J

Interestingly enough I answered my own question by looking in the downloadable manual for the Suunto D6:

"The Suunto D6 also allows experienced divers who are willing to accept a greater
level of risk to adjust the RGBM model. The default setting is 100%, which gives full
RGBM effect. Suunto strongly advises you to use full RGBM effect. Statistically, very
experienced divers have less incidents with DCI. The reason for this is unknown, but
it is possible that some level of physiological and/or psychological accommodation
can take place when you are very experienced as a diver. Thus, for certain divers and
diving conditions, it may be desirable to set attenuated (50%) RGBM mode."

Again this was in reference to another thread which had debate over which algorithm was preferable. I always err on the side of safety.

J

Is Mr. Carcharodon saying that DCI is psychological? Excellent! No need to buy a new dive computer!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom