Conshelf XIV HP hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Anyone know where I can get a HP hose for a USD Conshelf XIV? I had no idea that the HP ports used a non-standard thread until...(insert sound of cursing).

The older version of the XIV has 3/8 HP ports.

The newer version of the XIV has 7/16 HP ports.

VDH has them but to be accurate, that WAS the standard and is still a standard, just not the current one. An adapter is the easiest way to solve the issue.

Anyone know where I can get a HP hose for a USD Conshelf XIV? I had no idea that the HP ports used a non-standard thread until...(insert sound of cursing).

I have a bunch of Conshelfs with various port configurations.

I find that, in practice, a straight 3/8" to 7/16" adapter works just fine and does not contribute to any hose routing or clearance problems. Your situation may differ depending on your rig. DGX has the adapters for a few dollars each.

VDH has the 3/8" hoses and those work OK too. I understand that most LDSs can order them from trade suppliers. Hose shelf life is a concern for me and I am not confident of the freshness of stock of this type of hose, so I'm using the adapters going forward.

The newer Conshelf that I have, that has a 7/16" HP port, has a distribution of ports that does not lend itself to clean routing as well as the older ones.

VDH has the 3/8" hoses and those work OK too. I understand that most LDSs can order them from trade suppliers. Hose shelf life is a concern for me and I am not confident of the freshness of stock of this type of hose, so I'm using the adapters going forward.

They work OK because that's the size hose fitting the regulator was designed to use.

If you are implying the hoses I sell to my customers are of poor quality I'd like to see your proof. If not I'd suggest a correction to your statement is in order.

Last edited:
If anyone finds a NOS 3/8 HP hose it will most likely be in someone's garage. Adapters were made and used was because dive shops did not want to carry an obsolete hose they might get stuck with. As for NOS hoses, I wouldn't have a problem as my old stock on my old regs have lasted for decades of use before failing, none of which have been catastrophic.

I could have the correct hose made in a shop here, but it would cost a lot more than it's worth to me. Lucky for me that VDH has hoses made, as well as a lot of parts for vintage and old gear that myself and others need to keep our old regs going, and cannot afford to have parts specially made for us. I've used them as a parts and information resource for years now and appreciate the service they provide.

Bob

Last edited:
Thank you Bob

Just to clear the BS and close the issue.....I have the 3/8" HP hoses made here in the US. I order small quantities as the demand is low but many divers insist on having the period correct stuff on their gear and I do my best to accommodate them. Specialty hoses are stored horizontally in a section of PVC pipe till shipped. I go though approx 12-20 annually.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom