Console recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jscott1617

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all - I need a console computer that is very easy to read (large numbers). Just for rec diving, but the nerd in me would love to be able to download to a PC. Any recommendations? I appreciate the help.

Jason

PS. It has to be console or able to be put in one.

What kind of price range are you looking for?

I dive a wrist comp, but my wife uses a SmartCom and loves it. It is AI (also nitrox comp) and downloadable. Not cheap (MSRP ~$930) but you can find grey market units for around $700. Includes depth, AI SPG and compass - Replaces the entire console.

Daz

Price isn't really much of an issue. I'm more interested in getting a good piece of equipment I can read underwater. The Smart Com looks good. Thanks for the heads up.

I would go with a suunto computer, they are very reliable and the consoles are modular you can then switch from a console to a wrist. they are easy to read and have a conservative algorithm:coffee:

I have a Uwatec Smart Com. Its a quality piece of kit but is getting superceeded by the Gallileo range. Therefore expect alot for sale on the second hand market soon.
All the usual Computer features inc Nitrox up to 40%. Also fully Air integrated, niftily measures how much air your gulping.
It is also MAC and PC compatible, with the Uwatec software allowing full dive analysation.

I highly recommend the Oceanic ProPlus2 which has a very large display. Since it is a pelagic computer it is more liberal than a Suunto so that is a matter of personal preference. One of my dive buddies also has a ProPlus2 and its nice to be able to just look over his shoulder and see his display.
It is air integrated and downloadable.
Enjoy.

you might also want to check out the Aeris AI. It is the counterpart of Oceanic's ProPlus2.
It is the same computer (downloadable, air-integrated) just in a different configuration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom