Contacted by manufacturer about our website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Again, the idea is NOT that you can be stopped from SELLING the stuff...it's the ADVERTISING of the stuff that would infringe on the trademark/copyright issue.

Literally, if you have someone in an advertisement wearing a visable Nike logo - on their shirt, shoes, hat, whatever - you are infringing on their trademark. (Even if that's not what you're selling.)

Same is true if you use a copyright-protected name or registered trademark in an ad for scuba gear...even if that is merely the appearance of the name or logo on the item itself.

Conversely the same entities pay to have their logos in a movie. So not all exposure is good it seems.

Hmmmm ... seems to be a trend ...

Someone on another board pointed out today that this online vendor has recently removed all Aqualung products (Suunto, Apeks, SeaQuest, etc) from their website.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Conversely the same entities pay to have their logos in a movie. So not all exposure is good it seems.

Most exposure is good.

As George M. Cohan (or PT Barnum, depending on which source you prefer) said "I don't care what they say about me in the newspapers...as long as they spell my name right!"

The main thing you want is CONTROL over your own intellectual property, and not allowing others to be messing around with your trademark.

I already try to never buy any product from either of those two, post your website ... please, that way maybe I can get some of their stuff without having to do business with either of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom