Contacts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The price of contacts are pretty cheap. And from what i hear on this board, its better to get the cheapest(money wise) set of contact there are; so incase you do lose them, you can easily replace them.

Web Monkey:
They're about $40 for 30 pairs online.

Terry

one pair lasts how long? A week?

Am I the only one on the board diving hard lenses? I am wondering if other hard lense divers are having as few problems as I am wearing lenses underwater...

msedivingdoc:
Try this site for a mask that you will probally wear without contacts
http://www.hydrooptix.com/index2.htm

Ummm..I thought the Hydrooptix were curved lenses, and you *HAVE* to wear special contact lenses with them in order to be able to see correctly? (even if you don't normally wear glasses or contacts) They are designed to compensate for the prismatic or curving effect of underwater vision?
gomi_

gomi_otaku:
Ummm..I thought the Hydrooptix were curved lenses, and you *HAVE* to wear special contact lenses with them in order to be able to see correctly? (even if you don't normally wear glasses or contacts) They are designed to compensate for the prismatic or curving effect of underwater vision?
gomi_

If you have normal vision, you have to wear contacts. If you are nearsighted, you may not need to wear them. Check out the site.

I wear torx contacts due to astigmatism. Wear my soft torx lenses every time I dive. I also carry a spare set incase I might loose one. Haven't lost one yet. I used to wear hard contacts. Never dived with them. My Job required the use of SCBA or filter mask often. Never had a problem with them either.

Torx contacts? Are those, like, star shaped?

What size do you wear? T85?

1RUSTYRIG:
one pair lasts how long? A week?

Not sure the kind I have but they last several months, usually until I rip them. I wear them diving and sometime I forget
and wear them to bed. That is really bad. :11:

baitedstorm:
Guys.... please make sure you speak to your doctors (those of you opening eyes underwater with your contacts). Look at your contact lens package, you'll see that most of the contact lenses out on the market today have a water content of greater than 35%. ANYTHING these lenses come in contact with WILL in deed be absorbed by your lens, including pool water. And like Rick said, even worse, you could pick up a bacteria. Trust me when I say corneal transplants aren't a bed of roses to lay in. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

I'm not a doctor by any means, just a para optometric/optician, but I've specialized in contact lenses for over ten years. Please be safe with your eyes, after all , you only have two.

This is one of the most informative posts I have read yet on these forums pertaining to me since I wear contacts also.

Back
Top Bottom