Contest for ugliest drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianM

Contributor
Reaction score
I think maybe I have a winner here!!! I bought this on ebay and it was described as being in "good condition"

HAHA....yeah right!!!

Take a look at this and tell me if I could win the ugliest drysuit contest!!!

BrianM:
I bought this on ebay and it was described as being in "good condition"

I'm curious, what did the Ebay pictures look like? could you post those? It would both be interesting to see what a person can do to improve the aethetics of an item and to serve as a 'caveat emptor' to all who would buy used scuba on ebay.

- PV

Sorry, I should have included a link to the auction. There were no pics and the price was too good to be true. I thought maybe since he advertised it as an "APEKS drysuit" the owner didn't know what it was and how much it was worth. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3657260763&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6

I know it is a used suit but the last sentence is what got me...."you will be happy with your purchase, it is in good shape"!!!!

BrianM:
I thought maybe since he advertised it as an "APEKS drysuit" the owner didn't know what it was and how much it was worth.

The Apeks valve probably.

I -love- this line "There are places around the seams where the previous owner applied diving goop" [well, I probably wouldn't love the line if I had been the purchaser!]

Hopefully it doesn't leak.

I think I would be leaving some negative feedback after getting that ugly thing in the mail.

BrianM:
I think maybe I have a winner here!!! I bought this on ebay and it was described as being in "good condition"

HAHA....yeah right!!!

that could be your winner! :coke:

Oh no.

My friend bought a bright orange hooded 6mm neoprene drysuit - with lots of black accents and black boots - from my scuba club for the tidy sum of $5.

It still works, too.

BrianM:

HAHA....yeah right!!!

Sorry to hear this, But this is the reason I don't buy anything on EBay anymore. First off, if someone didn't post a picture, then I wouldn't even consider looking at the item.

I have been burned there myself, Good Luck to you

jonnythan:
My friend bought a bright orange hooded 6mm neoprene drysuit - with lots of black accents and black boots

got any pics of aforementioned suit?

- PV

Back
Top Bottom