Cook Islands - any rec not experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Husband dove with pacific divers and said he got headaches after every dive so perhaps bad gas (he’s a master diver).

Our diving was reflective others’ experiences. Lovely visibility but not much to see life wise. However, tons of coral.
Exactly my experience.

The corrals are nice and all most healthy in Rarotonga. But the Fish are missing. There are all the fish you would expect to find in such a reef. But unfortunately only two or three per species. I was told that this has been the case since the fishing rights were sold to the Chinese.

I dove with two shops on Rarotonga:
  1. "Big Fish" was nice and well organised. I really liked this shop. But it's expensive.

2. The "Pacific Divers" was a big mess and bad service. I'm really not surprised that he got bad got bad air.
    See the images in: taucher.net/tauchbasis-pacific_divers__rarotonga-bericht-flz101176 (Sorry it's in German... pleas use an online translator to translate it.) Looks all most like "compulsive hoarding syndrome".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom