Cooking stuff you got for Christmas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

benncool:
Yesterday it snowed about 8". Today it was a nice sunny day. I shoved off the deck and got to the gas grille. Got out the cast iron dutch oven. Put in a nice roasting chicken. Hooked up my remote meat thermometer and went in the house to watch the play-off football game.

When the indoor unit beeped at 180°F I went out and the bird was done to perfection.
I give this Oregon Scientific meat thermometer 2 thumbs up (or 2 okay signs, since this is a scuba board.)

This is just way too cool. I'll have to look for one.

I got a bunch of dry marinades and spice blends. No cool gadgets this year. I have been asking for a fat/broth separator cup for years and still havn't received one. I guess I'll have to buy one for myself.

TwoBit

I got a George Forman 's Lean Mean Grilling Machine with Bun Warmer. I asked for a Villa Classic indoor smoker-cooker or any Brinkmann's smoker/grills. Oh well, you can't get everything you ask for!

baltimoron:
you know what I want? I want one of those deep friers that can cook a turkey.... that and so I can make some french fries. Anybody have one of those they can reccomend?
yum deep fried turkey, had it on new years day! had one last year too. its really good, and not greasy. plus it takes like 1 hr for a 18lb bird!
ypu shure could make A LOT of FF in one of those :wink:

My wife's family knows that I'm very into cooking... and her Aunt send me a package loaded with cooking goodies.

The coolest thing in the box? A microplane. Do a google search for the gadgets. It's kind of a combination between a zester and a grater... but razor sharp, and very easy to clean.

Made in Arkansas or Alabama... one of those "A" states in the South... The most intelligent invention to come out of there in ages...

-Brandon.

I got a french press for making coffee, it's an attempt by my sister to get me to stop drinking instant. I look at coffee as medicine, I take in the morning to get my motor running. Four teaspoons of instant in the travel mug, fill it with boiling water and I'm good to go.

The french press is quick and efficient. The 7-11 brand of ground does seem to have more caffeine than the Maxwell House instant. It's a keeper. I haven't used instant since I started using it.

High-carbon steel wok
Mini Salt and Pepper balls
Click-Clak storage canisters
Alton Brown's "I'm just here for more food"
Anthony Bourdain's "Kitchen Confidential" and "Les Halles Cookbook"

Not a single piece of cast iron. Dang it.

Has anyone used one of those Silpat cookie sheets? I just picked one up. They're amazing.

We got my dad a "Big Green Egg" for his birthday (December 29). He's been wanting one for the past five years and was completely surprised. He was so excited, no one else has had to cook for weeks. :thumbs-up

http://www.biggreenegg.com/bge.htm

neophytediver:
Anthony Bourdain's "Kitchen Confidential"
great book, my dad got it for me on cd, and now i have it on my ipod!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom