Cooking stuff you got for Christmas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got myself a Kitchenaid mixer. (Professional, bowl-lift, cobalt blue) FINALLY! I could not resist, it was on sale! It got to the house by UPS today. I can't wait to get out of this office. I think the first thing I will make wiht it will be baguettes.

Yay. :D

SueMermaid:
I got myself a Kitchenaid mixer. (Professional, bowl-lift, cobalt blue) FINALLY! I could not resist, it was on sale! It got to the house by UPS today. I can't wait to get out of this office. I think the first thing I will make wiht it will be baguettes.

Yay. :D
So what time did you say we should all be stopping by for sample Sue? :wink:

Those are awesome pieces of machinery! You will certainly have it for the rest of your life!! They are bulletproof, and are the cats meow of mixers!
There are lots of cool attachments to: meatgrinder/sausage stuffer-pasta maker-juicer,etc . You can add on lots of cool stuff in the future! (they attach to the front)

I got mine from my Mom when she passed away-probably 30years old-still going strong and will probably end up with my grandkids..(if I ever have any)

I got a coffee roaster-I buy my own green beans(unroasted coffee is called green)for about 3 bucks a lb and roast my own-kinda fun to experiment with different kinds and different roasts.Nothing like a freshly roasted good strong cup of coffee!

I got a pair of slippers for Christmas and found a good recipe for them online. I cooked them up last night, they were great. :11ztongue

Drewpy:
There are lots of cool attachments to: meatgrinder/sausage stuffer-pasta maker-juicer,etc . You can add on lots of cool stuff in the future! (they attach to the front)

I LOVE mine! Definitely check out the attachments, my slicer attachment makes apple pie sooo much easier (now that my oven works, but that's a different thread.) Now I'm after the pasta maker :)

Mine is orange.... it's my baby, my favourite. My mother named him Marble, the Americanized version of "me`arbel" which is a mixer. My mother is a bit corky, she believes that if you don't name your staple appliances and treat them well, they'll break. It seems to work very well.... everything has a name in our house and so far, nothing breaks. You all should try it.

i have the pro one in blue, it is bulletproof, had it for some time and have no complaints.

Yesterday it snowed about 8". Today it was a nice sunny day. I shoved off the deck and got to the gas grille. Got out the cast iron dutch oven. Put in a nice roasting chicken. Hooked up my remote meat thermometer and went in the house to watch the play-off football game.

When the indoor unit beeped at 180°F I went out and the bird was done to perfection.
I give this Oregon Scientific meat thermometer 2 thumbs up (or 2 okay signs, since this is a scuba board.)

you know what I want? I want one of those deep friers that can cook a turkey.... that and so I can make some french fries. Anybody have one of those they can reccomend?

Back
Top Bottom