Cool Trim weight idea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...and NOT travel with these things?

"Did I say I was going to travel with them?

To travel with lead weights would be stupid!"

If you put these things on your rig, and they are seen at the gas station on the way to the dive, you may have trouble. A stop by a cop on the way to a dive will be trouble if he asks you to open your bag. A stop by the Coast Guard while on a boat will cause REAL trouble. Walk into the water past a group of folks on the beach will have you met by the local law enforcement when you walk back out of the water. This 'IDEA' of using grenades for weights (inert or not) is an extreamly BAD IDEA, unless you like being hounded by the police in your area.

In todays climate of anti-terrorism, anything that LOOKS like a gun, is a gun in the eyes of the uninformed, and the same goes for grenades! Anything that LOOKS like a grenade, is a grenade and will cause you to be hauled up in front of the local constabulary. I spent a lot of years in the military, used to keep an inert pinapple grenade on my desk at work when I worked at the battalion HQ. I know what a real grenade looks and feels like. Does your local cop on the street? I really doubt it. So, he slaps you in cuffs, calls the local bomb squad and they either take you new weights, or place them in a safe area and try to detonate them...either way, you lose.

Good luck man! You are going to need it!

Call me the UBER NERD if you want, but I won't go around with fake grenades on my rig...

If I saw someone with what looked like a grenade cliped to his BC I'd either draw down on the guy and wait for the troops to arrive or I'd just keep him in sight and call the troops.

As a police officer I'd take no chances with someone who has something like that. These days, one never knows....

It's a cool idea, but these days it's just stupid to fool around with something that looks like an expolsive device.

Randy

Oh man, too funny. I'd love to see some jerkwater cop draw down on me because my weights resemble bouncing betty's.

Where's the pic DMB? Did you make a mold yourself?

I would think there would be a rust issue that would be persuasive enought to make this idea stop befor it got too far

cool ideal, run with it. have fun dive safe, because there is always going to be some greenpeace boob to find something offenice with anything different
later zkeepr

come on guy it just his idea fantasy. How do you know wiht this fantasi he might the first person who create artifitial gill. lololol

Okay,Okay,Okay. How about this pick up an inert claymore mine at a gun show or surplus store and get some plaster of paris and make a mold of it. Let the mold dry for several weeks (molten lead and water don't mix to well). Pour the lead and make slots for the weight belt. The natural curve of the claymore will be very anatomical. Best part is the front side, it says THIS SIDE TOWARDS ENEMY. Yeah Baby.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom