cool video, check it out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love that dive. It is level and about 75' deep to swim through the cabin. Not much life yet (only down since Jan 06). You can swim into the baggage compartments underneath from outside and up into the main cabin. There is a head at the back with a toilet ... you can sit on it for pictures <g>. You can also swim into the cockpit and wave to your friends.

The cabin is wide enough for four divers abreast.

This has to be the world's safest, simplest wreck dive. You know where all the exits are :)

Our club will be out there this October and I will be diving for ten days. I hope I can dive on all of the artifical reefs in the area.

Hello there!

Is there a back-story to the wreck?

Thanks!

My mistake, apparently it's a 737. Check out this link to find out the story of how the wreck got there. BC divers owe Mr. Pete Luckham a great many thanks for getting this organized.

Thanks MD! Its nice to know the back story to any wreck, no matter how benign. It still makes the experience more worthwhile :)

That's hillarious that they sank it on purpose... I was wondering "hmmm if it were crashed recently I think I would have heard about it".

I'd like to see people do some more of this sort of stuff. Make underwater parks (assuming it doesn't screw up the environment too badly) which I'm sure would attract lots of diving tourists, etc.

Yay for untrained and unequipped divers in an overhead!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom