Copyright free music for DVDs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Sony Cinescore (easy to use), Adobe Audition (Loop based and more difficult to use as far as composing), and music from Jamendo.

Hi Dave,
I've been using Sonic Fire since version 1. Since I write reviews for the Kenneth Stone and Los Angeles Final Cut Pro User Group Final Cut Pro websites, I no longer really have to pay for the discs and have built a large library of music. While I have both the standard and network editions, I usually use the Standard edition and with the mood mapping ability, change only a few things. However , I like having the options to do what I like.
Steve:cool2:

I see no one here mentioned any of the multiple royalty free sets available for purchase. Does anyone have experience with royalty free box sets available? I have personally been considering purchasing something along this lines for my videos that I am finally getting around to editing.

Hey Mike,
I have a great many of those sets as well. Many of them are good but too often you are paying high prices for a disc where you might only want one or two pieces of audio. Go to the Kenneth Stone Final Cut Pro editing website for a number of my reviews of them. They will be listed under 'software'
Steve
ps. Mike give me a call.

You can use whatever you music you want. I've found it easier than spending money for music authoring programs, and I already spend enough time editing video, I don't have time for the music too.

I use the Harry Fox Agency. Endless Scooter 2 was scored this way. It costs a few bucks but the immediate emotional recognition the viewer gets is worth it, and it's completely legal, which is a warm fuzzy feeling.

All the best, James

I do not believe that is entirely true. While the piece of music may be royalty free, the recording of it is not. Thus, if the Boston Symphony records Peer Gynt Suite, it does not mean that you can use their recording of it.
I'm also a former musician and anything I create myself or anything in Apple's Soundtrack is royalty free. However, I find it much easier to use Sonic Fire Pro which is very intuitive, flexible and speedy.
Steve

Steve,

I checked out the Sonic Fire pro site. There are many version. Which of them do you recommend? Im ready to buy some music so I can put together my french polynesia piece

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom