Correct Configuration With Doubles + Halcyon H-50d

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saulius

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Just trying to figure out what is the correct way for using Halcyon H-50D (or Scubapro MK-17) with twinset. I was advised to route hoses like in picture attached, but as a novice I got in trouble:
1. the hose of spare regulator is to short if it is routed from my right side.
2. Wing hose is also a little bit too short.
3. Both second stages are connected to simple low presure ports, not to a "High flow" marked ports as adviced by manufacturers.

Would be nice to get an advice what would be the best configuration.

Saulius

Attachments

• Hal-twinset H50D.jpg
    Hal-twinset H50D.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 1,882
Mine DS4s are routed similarly. You might just need to buy some longer hoses...

Do you have the option of exchanging them for the H-75P or something similar? The fifth port makes the routing for doubles much cleaner. If that isn't possible, orienting the regulators straight up and down, blue caps on the bottom, will allow you to run the wing and secondary off the "inboard" ports, making the routing a little better. It also gives you access to the high flow ports for the second stages.

Last edited:
I would like to reconfigure existing equipment in most efficient way. The idea abut changing regulator's orientation is nice, I will try it.

If that isn't possible, orienting the regulators straight up and down, blue caps on the bottom, will allow you to run the wing and secondary off the "inboard" ports, making the routing a little better. It also gives you access to the high flow ports for the second stages.

Wouldn't that have the hoses leaving the first stage horizontally and so getting in the way of the valves?

H
Wouldn't that have the hoses leaving the first stage horizontally and so getting in the way of the valves?

Hopefully he'll take another picture so we can see. The way he's got it set up now isn't working, though, so he needs to try something. I think they'll be low enough on the regs not to cause a problem. That Miflex HP hose with the big hose protector might need to go, though.

The other alternative would be to rotate them the other way, flat, with the blue caps facing. That worked for my old Zeagle Flatheads, but the port arrangement wasn't the same as these.

Last edited:
H
The other alternative would be to rotate them the other way, with the blue caps facing. That worked for my old Zeagle Flatheads, but the port arrangement wasn't the same as these.

That way there's no need to tilt them, but they might interfere with valve manipulation.

I found this on another thread and it looks pretty good. Flipping the regulators like that puts the inside ports much closer to the centerline. Looking from the front it appears that the valves are blocked by the regulators, but they will actually hanging below when flat. The tanks are a bit higher than the OP's, though.

Last edited:
You will end up fiddling with routing and set up until you find what works best for you and is clean and efficient. Try, as has been suggested repositioning the first stage to get better access to the LP ports, different size hoses. I personally run my dry suit inflator on my left side, where many say the right, just works better for me. You will find a config that is best for you.

Try this first. In your picture, you have the backup regulator coming from what would be your drysuit port if you were using one. Whatever way you turn the 1st stages, this will give you a "longer" backup regulator hose.
adrian-collier-scuba-doubles-recreational-setup-3531-20140504.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom