Corrugated hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
(thought I would post this publicly instead of a PM to Tobin in case anyone else has the same question/concern)

Does DSS sell corrugated hoses that are a tad longer than the one that came with the 30# wing I ordered? I have adjusted my plate and wing several different ways, but the hose is still a bit too short -- hose sits fairly high on left shoulder causing it to protrude outward, if that makes sense. Of course, I don't want a really long one as this defeats the purpose, but an extra inch or inch and a half should help. What do you suggest? Thanks.

(thought I would post this publicly instead of a PM to Tobin in case anyone else has the same question/concern)

Does DSS sell corrugated hoses that are a tad longer than the one that came with the 30# wing I ordered? I have adjusted my plate and wing several different ways, but the hose is still a bit too short -- hose sits fairly high on left shoulder causing it to protrude outward, if that makes sense. Of course, I don't want a really long one as this defeats the purpose, but an extra inch or inch and a half should help. What do you suggest? Thanks.

The next available hose length is 16 inches vs the 13 inch length furnished with your wing.

As long as you can orally inflate the hose is long enough. You may want to take a look at how you are constraining the hose on the shoulder strap.

The inflator can be rotated on the end of the hose, but you will need to replace the zip ties if you change the inflator position.

You might find other hose lengths via a Trident dealer, but in my experience the hoses normally available are waaay tooo long.

Tobin

The next available hose length is 16 inches vs the 13 inch length furnished with your wing.

As long as you can orally inflate the hose is long enough. You may want to take a look at how you are constraining the hose on the shoulder strap.

The inflator can be rotated on the end of the hose, but you will need to replace the zip ties if you change the inflator position.

You might find other hose lengths via a Trident dealer, but in my experience the hoses normally available are waaay tooo long.

Tobin

Thanks Tobin. I will first try to rotate it. If that doesn't work, I will probably order the 16 inch hose. How much does it cost and can I place the order via the website or should I call?

Thanks Tobin. I will first try to rotate it. If that doesn't work, I will probably order the 16 inch hose. How much does it cost and can I place the order via the website or should I call?

Just call. We don't sell many hoses and don't have them listed on the site.

Tobin

get the aeres pull dump valve for $100 at scuba toys and while your at it get the rear dump for $18 wut te robust toggle that you can actualy feel with a glove on.
and you will have a nice rig. I had the same problemb. I first got a dive rite pull dump but it is really configured for a sholder mount and the valve opening ins upside down when you are in a vertical position. good luck

Auburntiger, have you dived the setup? The corrugated hose can often seem awfully short on land, but once you get in the water and horizontal, there's a lot more length there than you realized.

get the aeres pull dump valve for $100 at scuba toys and while your at it get the rear dump for $18 wut te robust toggle that you can actualy feel with a glove on.
and you will have a nice rig. I had the same problemb. I first got a dive rite pull dump but it is really configured for a sholder mount and the valve opening ins upside down when you are in a vertical position. good luck

Why would you put a pull dump inflator hose on a wing? Also you do not need to have a big hunk of plastic on a bottom dump to feel it. A simple knot or even two if you need it works for me with 5 mil gloves or my dry gloves. Makes no sense to junk up a very nice wing with that. For the OP how are you securing the inflator that it sticks out? A piece of bungee on the left shoulder D ring holds it down very well. I just pass the lp hose thru it and then connect it to the inflator. It holds the end down but also allows it to slide when I need it to. And I've found the hose to be long enough on both my DSS set ups. The singles rig and the doubles one.

Auburntiger, have you dived the setup? The corrugated hose can often seem awfully short on land, but once you get in the water and horizontal, there's a lot more length there than you realized.

I have, and I thought the same thing -- that there would be a lot more length in the water. However, it wasn't so. I rotated the inflator a bit per Tobin, and it gave me about an inch or so, which is perfect.

Tobin, quit fighting it: the 13 inch hose is too short for normal use.

When I got my DSS rig I thought the same thing...wow, this is short! I put a longer hose on and an SS1. Eventually I got rid of the SS1 for a bungied back-up, but kept the long hose on there. Very soon after that it was apparent that the hose was just too long. I went back to the "short" stock hose. I did angle it a bit toward my left side. It's perfect. Why did I even mess with it in the first place? It took some time to realize it, but it really does work well. Just 2 cents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom