Corrugated hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tobin, quit fighting it: the 13 inch hose is too short for normal use.
I guess the vast majority of DSS users must be "abnormal" because they make a 13" hose work just fine.
If being normal means we'll end up mean and bitter like Daniel there, I dare say we should relish *not* being normal. :wink: Everyone seems to initially think, "Great Caesar's ghost! That's far too short!", but few are those who don't end up liking it that way in the end.

Of course, if you have a bit of spare time and a sense of humor, it would be terribly entertaining to make a one-of-a-kind "Recreational Special" wing for April Fools. Add some pockets (normal, trim, and maybe even weight pockets), a shoulder pull dump, a big pull ball (or a small, blunt "grappling hook" end to make it super-easy to pull), a super-long corrugated hose, and an integrated inflator/octo. Take a couple pictures, and make a product "postcard" graphic pointing out all the "features", prominently labeled as the DSS Recreational Special BP/W coming April 1st.

It would be funny, and at the same time, it would be good advertising, as it would point out (by humorous counter-example) all the features of a DSS rig. And being a funny joke graphic, it would stand a good chance of being reposted more than a few times. (Of course, you could also just photoshop it, but it just seems more funny to actually make one. It'd be a fun talking piece at shows...)

Well, anyway, I guess I'm just a bit smiley this morning. I couldn't help but make the suggestion. (I make no claim that the idea was original, of course. If you'd actually do something like that, all I'd get would be a smile.) Anyway, back to the bowls... :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom