Cost effective?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Natural

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Do those of you who dive rebreathers find them to be more cost effective in the long run rather than OC? Of course I am considering you already have the training and bought the rebreather. I am just wondering if the costs of sorb and gas with the rebreather work out to be cheaper than OC, especially if you are doing limited short deco dives.

The Natural:
Do those of you who dive rebreathers find them to be more cost effective in the long run rather than OC? Of course I am considering you already have the training and bought the rebreather. I am just wondering if the costs of sorb and gas with the rebreather work out to be cheaper than OC, especially if you are doing limited short deco dives.

Hello Natural, if you are doing He mix dives on OC and switch to CCR, you will save a lot and probably pay for your unit over time. As for how it compares to NDL nitrox diving, it's probably close, without factoring in the training and unit cost. I for one didn't care that much about the cost. My CCR is less expensive than owning a motorcycle and probably safer too. My CCR is the most satifying big purchase I've made. I wouldn't go back to OC if you paid me. Good luck-Andy

I'm actually selling my motorcycle so I can buy a CCR! :lol:I'm thinking about the Sport KISS, but for the diving I eventually want to do its not practical. I'm looking towards the Meg or the Dive Rite...if it ever comes out.

There are already several threads in this forum about the costs of RB diving.
I know I did the damn calculation a couple of times. give the search function a shot.

Hey Stefan
I thought you would have those calcs ready to cut and paste, it gets asked so often.
In answer to the questions unles you are putting He thrgough it Hell no they are not cost effective. But they are soo much nicer to dive.

Cheers
Chris

The Natural:
or the Dive Rite...if it ever comes out.

Its out! It will ship this month and 10 a month after that from what they said last weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom