Beginner question for rebreathers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getting a CCR to do LOB’s or guided dives with OC people, seems like a lot of extra work and you don’t gain anything from it.

If your dives involve doubles and some stage’s then it becomes fun to swap the doubles for a CCR.

I dive ccr in caves and open water trimix dives. If I have a problem I have hours to solve it. Cleaning my unit takes 10 min. If on a multi day dive trip I flush the hoses and bov as well as the exhale lung, pull the scrubber to let it air out,then it's good to go. I have had oc buddies who have had to call the dive due to lack of gas while I still had several hours of duration if needed. CCR has opened up more possibilities for me so I have accepted the responsibility for the risks. My oc buddies always have to get fills and lug heavy dbls or sm tanks. I can make two or three dives on my dil and o2 before I need fills or just use my booster.

Cleaning my unit takes 10 min.
Cleaning mine thoroughly takes me closer to 20-25 minutes.

I'm not sure if there are Horizon dealers/instructors in Austria, but I know there are in Spain and Portugal. Might be worth a trip - plus the water will definitely be warmer! :wink:

thx.

the mares was the kind of RB i was wondering if it exists.
I'm not sure if there are Horizon dealers/instructors in Austria, but I know there are in Spain and Portugal. Might be worth a trip - plus the water will definitely be warmer! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom