Cost of annual service.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spc751

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got my regs back from my lds and was a little surprised by the price. They charged me $185.00 cdn. This is a lot to more than I have paid in the past. Have prices gone up? This is for one first stage and second stages. It seems really expensive because another shop I deal with (4 hours away) sells a Hog set for $350.00.

You can buy a HOG set for less than that...

My rebuild costs about $25.

Garth

Seems like a bit to me but it depends on the regs. One could spend $20-$30 for parts kits for three regs call it $75. If they charge similar ($25 per stage) for the labor that is another $75. Toss in another bit for servicing the SPG (new spool). Plus yer tax at 12% could easily end up being $185 cdn.

[QUSPA. =Scared Silly;7016729]Seems like a bit to me but it depends on the regs. One could spend $20-$30 for parts kits for three regs call it $75. If they charge similar ($25 per stage) for the labor that is another $75. Toss in another bit for servicing the SPG (new spool). Plus yer tax at 12% could easily end up being $185 cdn.[/QUOTE]

No SPG. I have a ai computer on a hose and I did not have the computer attached. Just had my Sherwood regs that I brought from this shop.

It's a little more than the typical bloated price. Labor for a 1st and two 2nd stages should be less than $100, maybe closer to $75, but the parts is where you're getting reamed. It's a few o-rings and plastic seats, for which the manufacturers charge insane prices in order to inflate the 'value' of the free parts for life programs.

Hopefully it lasts you several years, which it should.

A month ago I paid $330 US or so. That was for a standard setup with two regs. AND for servicing the single reg that goes on my slung pony AND for servicing and checking over my BCD AND for replacing the batteries in both of my computers.

In Japan they seem charge to around $150 1st and 2 2nds. There is a shop that charges $100. But given the insane prices people pay for regs over here service is cheap relatively speaking. I too service my own regs at around $45 for all three kits.

I just got my regs back from my lds and was a little surprised by the price. They charged me $185.00 cdn. This is a lot to more than I have paid in the past. Have prices gone up? This is for one first stage and second stages. It seems really expensive because another shop I deal with (4 hours away) sells a Hog set for $350.00.

Have you asked them why it is more than you have paid in the past?

Have you asked them why it is more than you have paid in the past?

Not yet. Have not been back since. I was too surprised to say anything when I picked it up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom