Cost of Servicing Scubapro Regulators

What's the most you have ever paid for an annual regulator service?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got screwed by Tackle Shack this year on my scubapro regulator service. They said that scubapro had changed the parts for life program or ended it or something like that and that mine no longer qualified. All my regs had been purchased from legit scubapro dealers, one of them even came from Tackle shack. Unfortunately, the other scubapro dealer in my town does shoddy work and I've had them damage my regs before.
The other shop you mention is the main reason why I don't own any Scubapro gear. It's a shame, too. Lots of dealers in my area, so few good ones. I drive past at least two shops whenever I go to my preferred shops. A buddy of mine had a reg damaged by TS last year. He had just had it serviced, and when he went to use it, couldn't get enough air. I swapped his with my daughter's Zeagle DS-V, so he was able to dive that day. TS at least made good on the issue. They didn't own up to anything, but replaced his 2nd stage.

I got screwed by Tackle Shack this year on my scubapro regulator service. They said that scubapro had changed the parts for life program or ended it or something like that and that mine no longer qualified. All my regs had been purchased from legit scubapro dealers, one of them even came from Tackle shack. Unfortunately, the other scubapro dealer in my town does shoddy work and I've had them damage my regs before. I think it's probably time for me to sell these and switch brands.. I'll deal with it next winter.

I'm trying to decide between Poseidon (I've found some good deals on used regs), atomic, and hog. I was thinking with HOG they're cheap enough I could just resell them for half price and replace them every year instead of servicing them.
I don't go to Tackle Shack anymore for anything. I drive up to Mac's Sports for regulator service (Matt their tech is good) and Aquatic Obsessions for fills.

What other SP dealer did you go to that messed up your regs?

I don't go to Tackle Shack anymore for anything. I drive up to Mac's Sports for regulator service (Matt their tech is good) and Aquatic Obsessions for fills.

Mac's

I'm thinking of buying an old Scubapro Airsource regulator. Price is $30.00. Roughly how much is a reasonable price to get it serviced. Guy said it still works.

I dropped a reg off at Mac's for Matt to work on. They must be busy as hell,
I'm thinking of buying an old Scubapro Airsource regulator. Price is $30.00. Roughly how much is a reasonable price to get it serviced. Guy said it still works.

The shops I've used for various services charge $25 per stage for parts and around another $50 total for labor (mac's charged 63.90 with no octo attached). Are you sure that's a scubapro? The only "airsource" product that I'm familiar with was an Aqua Lung. Scubapro calls theirs "air2".

I was a huge Scubapro fan for decades but got totally pissed once they said I no longer meet the requirements for free part. Cost of servicing two Mk25, S600 and Air2's doubled to about $300. For my dive buddy and I and our wives that's $600 per year. We both have two kids each just coming to age also so we could be paying $1,200 a year. I'm sure Scubapro's cost on those kits is about a dollar or two.

Sorry ScubaPro, I loved your stuff but we're done!

The only reason I dive SP is I can get the parts easily and have learnt/am learning to service myself. If you're not into or don't want to self service I'd not recommend SP either, there are cheaper easier options out there. In my experience SP customer service sucks, well actually all but non existent, the cherry on the very expensive cake.

I dropped a reg off at Mac's for Matt to work on. They must be busy as hell,

The shops I've used for various services charge $25 per stage for parts and around another $50 total for labor (mac's charged 63.90 with no octo attached). Are you sure that's a scubapro? The only "airsource" product that I'm familiar with was an Aqua Lung. Scubapro calls theirs "air2".
It's an Air2.

Cburgert: If it works ok, probably no need to have it serviced. Regulator Inspection and Checklist (Rev-7)

Do you happen to know what generation of AIR 2 it is? Does it include the low pressure hose?

You were extremely close… The grand total was $408 tax included.
The high pressure hose I did need because there was a split on the side that I noticed before taking it in.
I used to service my own Dacor regs back in the day and when Dacor disappeared I switched to Scubapro and let the pros do the servicing for me, but I guess it's either time to go back to servicing my own regs or switch to Atomic regs.

Not terrible. $50/stage for labor & parts puts you at $300.

HP hose at dealer markup and installation, $50?

Tax, $28?

$378 is reasonable. So only off by $30.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom