Could you please give me some advice on how to make this photo better?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree with above, water above the reef and get lightroom. Use auto white balance and you can adjust the white balance in post processing. You can even tweak the exposure and contrast to some extent. That will help a little with color blow out. Get a decent digital camera, housing and a strobe, take lots of pictures and mess around with the settings. Shoot in RAW. RAW is lossless. Essentially, the information in it is each and every pixel in your camera. JPEG discards a lot of information which results in loss of clarity and digital noise. Cameras don't know they're underwater and most of the time, you'll get better photos when you adjust the settings yourself. Basically, higher iso (> 400) for darker situations and a lower fstop. With a higher iso you'll have to adjust the shutter speed (faster). My 'jump' settings are usually iso 400, shutter 1/100, fstop 5.6, strobe full power through the lens (ttl). I'm usually shooting in deep water. I began in full auto, then I started shooting in aperature priority and adjusting iso and fstop, and the quality of my photos improved. Composition is a different story. :D

This is all great info thanks. I think I am going to go ahead and make a purchase of the RX100 with the nauticam aluminum housing. I believe this would leave me with tray and lighting that I have to then purchase. I already have a Solar 500....but I do not know if that will be of any use. Do you have any suggestion on what the best "single strobe" set up would be for this?
Thanks

Does anyone have a tetorial on how to edit an underwater photo in lighthouse? Also in which CS package is Lighthouse included? For instance if I were to just purchase CS6 photoshop would Lighthouse be included?
Thanks again for your help

Lightroom? Its an adobe application, you can do pretty much all you need to photo and its cheaper than Photoshop.

Is their anything that cannot be done in Photoshop CS6 that can be done in Lightroom? Or is Lightroom just an easier GUI to have things done then Photoshop CS6?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom