Countdown to Leviathan...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halcyon said they'd be willing to do repairs. I know Sartek has helped others with different lights before as well.
I'm not getting this. Halcyon had this entire shop confiscated; lock, stock and barrel. Literally. Including customer goods.

Based on what we know about that situation, wouldn't sending them a Salvo light for repair be setting yourself up to have them confiscate that as well?

I'm not getting this. Halcyon had this entire shop confiscated; lock, stock and barrel. Literally. Including customer goods.

I think that Halcyon got a court order to seal the premises until the courts can sort it all out.

I think the judge now controls what can be removed and who can enter.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm willing to bet you'll have to take out a second mortgage on your home to pay for a Halcyon repair of a salvo light.

I'm willing to take any such bet. They've done repairs on Salvos before (for friends) and the costs were more than reasonable.

Based on what we know about that situation, wouldn't sending them a Salvo light for repair be setting yourself up to have them confiscate that as well?

Oh good God, no, Halcyon did not have anything confiscated. A court ordered that Leviathan be searched for goods owed by Salvo to Halcyon. Such goods appear to have been found (not good for Leviathan). As soon as the court sorts those goods from those legally purchased from Salvo (which are NOT subject to Halcyon's claims), they will be returned. Hopefully this occurs soon.

I personally know people who have had their Salvos worked on by Halcyon. It wasn't a thing.

I personally know people who have had their Salvos worked on by Halcyon. It wasn't a thing.

Yep, it's never a thing. I've seen H lights worked on by Salvo, H lights worked on by Sartek, Salvo lights fixed by H and Sartek lights overhauled by Salvo. These are for the most part pretty simple, standardized hardware, and simple stuff like cords, test tubes, switch boots and delrin lids/cans are no problem for any of the manufacturers (nor do they seem to make it a big deal). I bet the same thing will hold for Leviathan when they start up for real.

Also, yeah, nobody is going around trying to confiscate personal property of customers who bought lights from Salvo, I have no idea how that idea got started (probably some cockamamie slippery slope argument from Kalani :D) but it has no basis in fact. The few customer lights locked up were collateral damage from the court ordered freeze, but they're not part of the assets sought.

I highly doubt they'd do the repairs under warranty [i.e. free] (how would they even be able to determine if the warranty applied?).

Leviathan stated it was supporting purchased Salvo products still under warranty. so that was part of the basis of my question.

I'm guessing that determining if it was under warranty is easy. you just say you need a copy of the receipt of the original purchase?

Seems that in such a small niche market manuf. Would be trying to gain as many custoimers as possible. One wat to do that would be to cover salvo lights manuf warranties. Would have minute costs to them and would be seen as good customer service.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry, I don't get at all why Halcyon would want to do free work on Salvo lights. It's not like Salvo used to do free work on Halcyon lights. Leviathan made that offer simply as an attempt to keep its old customers (the offer did not extend to any other manufacturer's lights). I assume Sartek and Halcyon will simply try to compete in other areas. In any case, until Leviathan shows itself to be a real company, some of this is moot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom