Countdown to Leviathan...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My 21W light that I sent in for service is sitting with them as well, when I followed up I received the exact same message. I am not quite sure what holding my property has to do with their court order.....but apparenlty I will not receive it back until "the issue is resolved" this doesn't sound good :) I hope I will see my light again...

Same problem here... a light in for repair. I got a call from Corey and he explained the court order that kept them out of the facility was also holding up all the repairs they had in.

He was able to give me a bit of an update on my light (ballast died, he looked at it before the lockout) and said he'd email me a list of options and prices for fixing it, but I haven't received it yet.

I too don't care about personalities and politics, I just want good gear.

Corey/Salvo have a good customer service rep, but this, my first encounter, seems to have come at the worst possible time for them. I'll cut them some slack though. If the office is closed down by court order there is nothing he can do but call us and say, "nothing I can do."

I'd like more communication, but at least we know generally what is going on: nothing.

Also, yeah, nobody is going around trying to confiscate personal property of customers who bought lights from Salvo, I have no idea how that idea got started (probably some cockamamie slippery slope argument from Kalani :D) but it has no basis in fact. The few customer lights locked up were collateral damage from the court ordered freeze, but they're not part of the assets sought.

The other way around, actually, I was reassuring someone who was freaking out that no one was going to confiscate their lights (for instance if they sent them to Halcyon for repair, or if Halcyon somehow took ownership of everything in Leviathan's shop). :lotsalove:

*THIS WAS SOMEONE ELSE'S POST THAT I REFUTED FOR GOD SAKE DON'T PIN THIS STATEMENT ON ME!!!*

(Not directed at you, gomby. :) )

Although I think that was in the DecoStop thread. Yeesh, I can't keep these train wrecks straight anymore...

*THIS WAS SOMEONE ELSE'S POST THAT I REFUTED FOR GOD SAKE DON'T PIN THIS STATEMENT ON ME!!!*

Gahh, omnipresence! Ever heard of the church of the subgenius?

I think I got mixed up with the various trainwreck threads on TDS too...it's all a steaming pileup of boxcars, engines and cabooses, my bad.

Corey/Salvo have a good customer service rep, but this, my first encounter, seems to have come at the worst possible time for them. I'll cut them some slack though. If the office is closed down by court order there is nothing he can do but call us and say, "nothing I can do."

I know it can look like it's Corey/Leviathan's issue but it seems to me it's really JJ/Halcyon causing this (so it seems from the outside). It also seems to me JJ's going to hold on to this grudge until it dies of old age (or at least goes into Cheyne-Stokes breathing).

I'm sure it pleases JJ no end that this is giving Leviathan's customers a bad impression of the company right out of the starting gate, but I'd urge you consider who's causing all these problems. I don't think it's Corey.

In an aside, I noticed JJ bought The Aquatic Center in Gainesville, FL. I did my IDC through them but sounds like I'll be avoiding that shop from now on...

I'm sure it pleases JJ no end that this is giving Leviathan's customers a bad impression of the company right out of the starting gate, but I'd urge you consider who's causing all these problems. I don't think it's Corey.

I Have been considering wHo is causing tHis all along.

Wow. That's borderline retarded.

Barry stole a ton of stuff from Halcyon. He went to PRISON for it. A court of law determined he had to also settle financially with Haclyon. Instead, he skipped down, and Corey took a bunch of the Salvo goods to start Leviathan (totally illegal, hence the court injunction). It's dubious Corey didn't know what he was doing (or just has the world's worst lawyer).

In any case, blaming JJ/Halcyon for trying to recoup their stolen goods is just bizarre. I seriously doubt you'd be so forgiving if someone had ripped you off.

The blame lays squarely with the convicted felon.

I know it can look like it's Corey/Leviathan's issue but it seems to me it's really JJ/Halcyon causing this (so it seems from the outside). It also seems to me JJ's going to hold on to this grudge until it dies of old age (or at least goes into Cheyne-Stokes breathing).

In an aside, I noticed JJ bought The Aquatic Center in Gainesville, FL. I did my IDC through them but sounds like I'll be avoiding that shop from now on...

Wow. That's borderline retarded.

Barry stole a ton of stuff from Halcyon. He went to PRISON for it. A court of law determined he had to also settle financially with Haclyon. Instead, he skipped down, and Corey took a bunch of the Salvo goods to start Leviathan (totally illegal, hence the court injunction). It's dubious Corey didn't know what he was doing (or just has the world's worst lawyer).

In any case, blaming JJ/Halcyon for trying to recoup their stolen goods is just bizarre. I seriously doubt you'd be so forgiving if someone had ripped you off.

The blame lays squarely with the convicted felon.

Not to be confrontational, but for the sake of curiosity are you somehow involved w/ Halcyon? While some of us have at least attempted to see both sides of the coin your myopic posts make it appear as though you have a dog in this fight. Calling people "borderline retarded" certainly does nothing to enhance your credibility.

Heck no, I don't have a stake in this (other than wanting my light back). There are just some really dumb posts being made here by those defending criminal theft.

:popcorn: This could get interesting :D

FYI this is exactly the trajectory taken by the big trainwreck on the other board.

It's easy to blame H as making life difficult for people, but in the end, it's Barry who forced H's hand.

If neighbor Bernie steals your lawnmower, then skips town after selling it to neighbor Len, you'd go to neighbor Len to get your lawnmower back. But what if Len was an innocent party and didn't know Bernie was a thief? Well, Len can very well go look for Bernie himself and sue for damages, but you shouldn't have to, you just want your lawnmower back. You'd probably also roll your eyes if some random guy across the street said "hey, I like Len, I think you should take the loss and let him keep your mower, you can fly to Canada to look for Bernie." No thanks, you get your lawnmower back, you're made whole. Len can then go chase the thief to get his own money back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom