Couple of words on Pinnacle Evolution 2 drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very glad to hear you like it. I just picked up my Evo 2 and haven't had it in the water yet. I too got the Evolution undergarment with the 250g/m2 fleece. I'm concerned that it may be too warm for most of my "local" So Cal. diving.

prthd9,
We're in the same local, do you think the Evolution undergarment is gonna be too warm for So Cal.?

The only thing I have found is that I am having difficulty venting on slow gradual inclines when surfacing. ...This could be my technique, so I am not saying it is fault of the suit just something I have noticed. I really like my suit.

I noticed this also, I'm thinking two things:
- my technique (working on it, my first drysuit ever)
- undergarment 'traps' air or doesn't react as soon as I'd like (it does have a nylon outer shell that is windproof)

I think a dozen or so more dives and it will be under control anyway, I'll focus on that then if the 'problem' persists. I gotta handle it by early February for my fundies class. :wink:

prthd9,
We're in the same local, do you think the Evolution undergarment is gonna be too warm for So Cal.?

I don't think so. I dove it all summer and was fine. I think it is going to be really great this winter. I normally don't get cold, so I was worried about the same thing and I have not had any issues with getting too warm. Remember you can always remove your hood and/or gloves if you think your getting too warm.

You could alway get the undergarment just below the merino and put on an extra layer if you get cold in that, but you know this past summer the water rarely broke 65 at depth. The last time I was out it was about 50 at depth (by depth I mean below 80 ft.)

Well I got mine wet today. It was my first drysuit dive ever, so I don't have much of a basis for comparison. Overall, I was very happy. I have read a lot of reports about uncontrolled feet first ascents so I was trying to avoid that at all possible. All in all, it was pretty anticlimactic. Took a couple of minutes to get used to the sensation of wearing a drysuit and I got floaty feet a couple of times but nothing that I couldn't take care of pretty quickly. I was happy with the suit for the most part but I came out of the water soaked. I *think* it was leaking through the wrists but I could have sworn it was coming in through the zipper, too. I trimmed the seals so they weren't cutting off the circulation but they are still pretty tight. Any ideas on how to cut down on the leaks?

I haven't trimmed anything but still get wet wrists, I'm ok with it, since I do have small wrists/hands. Today, after several spins forward (simulating feet up recovery), also the neck got somewhat wet, but that was expected as I was pushing it.

Nothing around the zipper, at all, though, at any time. Are you sure that wasn't just moist/sweat that the undergarment collected on the outer shell, between itself and the suit?

It definitly wasn't moisture from sweat. I was soaked! It looked like I just came out of a swimming pool. I was trying to get feet up a few times as well but it still should not have flooded like that. I'm going to go back on Thursday and try some other things and see what's what.

Thanks for the pictures. I am waiting on mine to arrive so I had to check 'em out...

I didn't order the Pinnacle undergarment. I'm moving from a compressed neoprene suit though, so I will probably need to buy something warmer than the undies I use now.

I was happy with the suit for the most part but I came out of the water soaked. I *think* it was leaking through the wrists but I could have sworn it was coming in through the zipper, too. I trimmed the seals so they weren't cutting off the circulation but they are still pretty tight. Any ideas on how to cut down on the leaks?

Some of these suits that came out here (Australia) were recalled as they were leaking around the inflator valve. You could check that this is not happening with yours. I had heard that the wrong size valve/mounting was used for the size of the hole cut in the fabric. A couple of people told me that you could see the problem on close inspection.

Ya, one of the dealers around here told me that there was also a recall on the zipper, which would explain the amount of water in the suit. It was a huge PITA dealing w/ Divetank to get this suit. I know it's going to be a nightmare to get this resolved. I doubt I'll get the suit back before the end of drysuit season. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom