Couple of words on Pinnacle Evolution 2 drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't trimmed anything but still get wet wrists, I'm ok with it, since I do have small wrists/hands. Today, after several spins forward (simulating feet up recovery), also the neck got somewhat wet, but that was expected as I was pushing it.

Nothing around the zipper, at all, though, at any time. Are you sure that wasn't just moist/sweat that the undergarment collected on the outer shell, between itself and the suit?

Have you checked to make sure your undergarment's sleeves are pushed up on your arm far enough? If too much of the undergarment sleeve is under the rubber seal you can cause a break in the seal and then leak.

Ya, one of the dealers around here told me that there was also a recall on the zipper, which would explain the amount of water in the suit. It was a huge PITA dealing w/ Divetank to get this suit. I know it's going to be a nightmare to get this resolved. I doubt I'll get the suit back before the end of drysuit season. Ugh.

Yeah, I am still waiting for mine from Divetank. I have heard that is more due to Pinnacle having a hard time keeping up with orders and doing the necessary customizations of swapping boots and such... But it doesn't make the wait any easier.

If there are dud zippers in the channel I hope that they are purged before I get my suit.

Divetank gave me the same line about the boot swaps. I think it's BS. They gave me about 30 different stories about why it was late, it was a new one every time I called. This will be fun.

Could be. All I know is every little deficiency in my current suit seems 10x as bad now that I am waiting for the new one!

Divetank gave me the same line about the boot swaps. I think it's BS. They gave me about 30 different stories about why it was late, it was a new one every time I called. This will be fun.

Wow. I wonder what the delay is for? I ordered mine on a Sunday. I got the phone call to pick it up the following Friday.

I had some issues with my suit in the beginning (socks leaked). I had purhased mine from an LDS's in Wisc. who when I called and emailed decided it was not necessary to follow-up. You all may be experiencing, what I see as a systemic issue with LDS's, and that is poor customer service. I ended up calling Pinnacle myself and yes it took a while to get my suit back, but at least I heard it from the "horses mouth".

Have you checked to make sure your undergarment's sleeves are pushed up on your arm far enough? If too much of the undergarment sleeve is under the rubber seal you can cause a break in the seal and then leak.

Nope, that's not it. But, I don't care much for that, I'm warm and dry, little moist around the wrists I can tolerate. :D

I received my greatly anticipated drysuit, undergarment and hood. Included inflator hose & carrying garment bag.

Hood = Excellent quality & fit - Size Small, men's

Undergarment = Excellent and unexpected superior quality. Size Small men's. This was too large for me. I would need a size xs. I'd like to return the undergarment fr the next smaller size. My LDS has not yet returned my call.

Drysuit= Excellent quality cordura materials, sturdy velcro and 2 pockets aligned below the hips and suspenders. Complimentary suspenders were extremely cumbersome & very stiff and difficult to don the drysuit. I went with a Men's S. MFR had me take measurements and based on my size recommended a size XS Men's. When I asked for a women's size (like their website advertises), they said they only make them in Men's. I went with a Men's S. Despite my asking for women's large boots, they ordered me my shoe size which is too small to accommodate a pair of wool socks. I noticed that the boot/ankle connection disconnected on the inside which makes the undergarment ride up. I tried to bend over wearing the undergarment, no socks and couldn't easily do it! The arms were so long that any seal on my wrist would be fully engulfed in fabric. The zipper also seemed far too narrow. Neck seal was too large. I will return this.

Overall I thought the suit was made of high quality materials at an attractive price. The design on some elements could have been done differently. This suit is ideal for a narrow waisted, man with broad shoulders. Sadly, not for my shape.

your LDS lied to you, Pinnacle does make this suit in womens, although it is fairly new. I was about to buy the XL off the rack at DEMA but then realized that it was a womens XL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom