Court TV on Steve Donathan Tonight --

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was uncalled for. Just tasteless. They had no respect for Steve or his family! I know the lifeguards were just doing what they had to, but, the way the show was filmed and the way Steve and divers in a whole were portrayed, was not handled very good.

Rest in Peace, Steve!

My heart goes out to his family.

I agree, the show was pretty lame. The rescuers looked less qualified to penetrate than the victim.

However, it would be pretty tough to make a show that actually satisfied us as being realistic and fair.

they are less qualified to penetrate than the victim, the victim, Steve Donathan was a tdi advanced wreck instructor, trimix instructor and so on....., which means they are "qualified" to penetrate anything anywhere at any depth. he had a lot of experience inside the yukon as well.

It was quite evident that the producers of this show were going after the same audience as the program "Cops." There was no redeeming value in portraying such an unfortunate diving incident, and the only effect here was to re-open old wounds. Appealing to the least common denominator is one thing, insulting a close knit dive community by depicting this unfortunate incident was totally gratuitous.

i still say bull**** on the show it was sad
rip steave for i did not now him i would have liked too
heard nothing off good about him
we lose to many good ppl in this world

"Beach Patrol" reminded me of "Cops" as well. It was apparent to me by the show's opening that it would be thin on content and heavy on sensationalism. It's all about attracting the mighty advertising dollar, so I didn't take it seriously or personally. What happened on the Yukon was tragic, and unfortunately, there are vultures who capitalize on other's misfortunes and nothing is sacred to them. Better to watch 60 Minutes or Dateline than junk like this.
Kevin

Back
Top Bottom