Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a classic spread pattern. Singing is known to be a problem. What were they thinking?
Through the grapevine the guy that hosted the party was assaulted two days after it was made public that it was a source of the new cases. The restaurant where the assault took place was closed for two days after. I have no idea why they closed.

Are they wearing masks?
Masks aren't required by the government but most businesses do require them. I've seen a few people turned away for "forgetting" to have one. Pretty much every place of business also has hand sanitizer stations at the door. Some stores have sign up sheets for contact information. For a while all of the restaurants either had sheets to fill out for the same information or you had to have reservations.

Maybe with the drop, they'll drop this stupid antigen test requirement. It's almost a travel ban in and of itself.

Thanks for sharing rmorgan! Any word on when Delta's tests will be available? The article says "coming soon" I suspect my Feb 27th trip is going to be canceled since the flight doesn't show up on delta.com anymore

Thanks for sharing rmorgan! Any word on when Delta's tests will be available? The article says "coming soon" I suspect my Feb 27th trip is going to be canceled since the flight doesn't show up on delta.com anymore
Delta just announced this yesterday, I think--I stumbled across an article in the AJC reporting it yesterday afternoon. DL's flights appear set to resume March 6. I really hope we can hold on to early April bookings--moved from early April last year. It seems possible that just about everybody on Bonaire should be vaccinated by then, and with the PCR testing in- and out-bound and the quick antigen test before boarding, there seems to be reason for cautious optimism. Of course, everything's still a crapshoot.
Also, Bonaire is making vaccines (Pfizer/BioNTec) available to tourists who can stay a month. Given the vaccine rollout issues here, twist my arm. Q&A's vaccination - Crisiswebsite van het Openbaar Lichaam Bonaire

At this time, I see no way to satisfy the <4h antigen test prior to boarding a connecting flight to Bonaire in IAH, EWR, ATL, or MIA.
Lots of Real-Soon-Now articles, of course.
Any scuttlebutt on the ground in Bonaire about whether this 4h antigen test requirement will stay in place?

Back
Top Bottom