Coz Dive Ops That Handle Gear During Covid19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, this was quite the **** storm, but it's over. Thanks for your comments. If your oncologist believes that you are immunocompromised, of course you should wait for a covid vaccine. It might come out a lot sooner than next summer, and you would be a priority candidate. Vaccine options are already being mass produced in anticipation of successful phase 3 trials. For you, vacationing in winter before a covid vaccine makes as little sense as vacationing in winter without a flu shot.

Directly on-topic, I've crossed out dive-ops that will not handle the majority of my gear, even though I'll be renting a car and can ferry the stuff back and forth. It's a huge pain to clean everything daily. I hadn't thought to ask about this before reading this thread.

I am probably OK to travel but she cares about me.:DShe’s great at suggesting without directing. Our plan is cenotes and Coz in May!
Take care.

Well, this was quite the **** storm, but it's over. Thanks for your comments. If your oncologist believes that you are immunocompromised, of course you should wait for a covid vaccine. It might come out a lot sooner than next summer, and you would be a priority candidate. Vaccine options are already being mass produced in anticipation of successful phase 3 trials. For you, vacationing in winter before a covid vaccine makes as little sense as vacationing in winter without a flu shot.

Directly on-topic, I've crossed out dive-ops that will not handle the majority of my gear, even though I'll be renting a car and can ferry the stuff back and forth. It's a huge pain to clean everything daily. I hadn't thought to ask about this before reading this thread. I would have been very annoyed if I found out about it after reserving.
We dive with an op that will take care of all our gear. Instead we take it all with us and sometimes even bring our own tanks.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

quite a number of the latest posts have been moved in their entirety as an off topic conversation and been sent to Feedback creating a new thread over there.

It's likely that there will be quite a bit more cleanup to come in this thread so please stay on topic

Thanks Chilly, I appreciate you and @Colliam7 for handling the mute button to stop the OT diversion and hateful entitled attitude of a couple participants on this thread.

I just got back from Cozumel and my dive op would have happily taken all my gear, and I think even the wetsuit. However, because I can manage myself, it’s a great way to increase the size of my tip by not asking them to deal with my dirty gear.

Thanks Chilly, I appreciate you and @Colliam7 for handling the mute button to stop the OT diversion and hateful entitled attitude of a couple participants on this thread.

I just got back from Cozumel and my dive op would have happily taken all my gear, and I think even the wetsuit. However, because I can manage myself, it’s a great way to increase the size of my tip by not asking them to deal with my dirty gear.
My LDS also handles gear with the exception of regs due to covid but like yourself I typically handle my own to unload the shop. I know they are using segregated tanks with disinfectant for the wetsuits and BCD's and the boats are disinfected with bleach and water prior to equipment and customers coming on board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom