Coz dive with ScubaMau today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had my last dives today. The dose of joy I received today will last forever.
Four days ago my father in law suffered 3 heart attacks while in surgery. He has made an amazing recovery since. In the meantime my wife went home. I'm evil. I stayed and dove, albeit with my wifes blessing. What a babe.
So the days dives. Went went to Barracuda reef or Eagle ray alley. The current at first was easy. We all thought we where in for a treat. That lasted 5 minutes. The winds down there where howlin'. At first no rays, I spotted 2 toad fish, some big lobster. In the current I was hugging the bottom, might rethink that next time, I almost kissed a 5 ft Green Moray eel. I almost crapped my suit, my face was no more than 3 inches from it as I blew by. Thats fun, almost eating your reg. Then like a dream they started to appear. First 2, then 3, then 5. I was flying around at them, what a blast. Then I cruised back to the reef egde to hang on to some dead coral. This is where I had the best seat. 9 came out nowhere and just sat between myself and the others. My dive party was about 50 ft north of me. Some where a little to far from the edge to get back, the current was not swimmable. These magnificant animals just cruised up beside me and looked for a moment a continued on as if they where going downcurrent. We where mostly between 75-95 fsw. The last view was at 80fsw. We stayed there for 57min. I lost count of how many rays I saw. Another cool bit was when I was heading for my safety stop 2 cruised below me. At first I didnt see them, then bang I saw them only because they went over some stuff I was looking at. They are almost invisible from 50ft above. The next dive was Villa Blanca. This is a great spot right now for sea horses. Gabi was all braggy about the new humungous orange horse he spot earlier. Said it needed a saddle. Also a diver from papa hoggs spotted some frog fish. We could not find them. But Gabi is so amazing at finding creatures. I found 3 toads, a really nice juvy drum fish. Also at a fresh water vent two big king crabs where hanging out. At the 22 minute mark I was watching gabi, he was maybe 75ft away from me, he starts freaking out and pointing like hes seeing fire. The wild part is he swam at least 20 kicks to the horse, that is hugely far away. I can not believe he saw that thing that far away. It was the humumgous orange seahorse that needs a saddle. It is rather large gotta admit that. We saw another eagle ray cruising the sand for food. Curtis got close to that one. As a last dive it was perfect I was down for 72 minutes. Dove with a couple from the American embassy in Mexico, my new friend Denise from Hawaii, who has now moved to Coz. Also Curtis and Debbie from Winnepeg has been on a few dives with me. A young lady from Cancun rounded the group to 7 divers. Great people to blow bubbles with. I had so much fun with Gabi(db) on this trip, his joking around is a blast. Did one dive with Monkey as Dm and he is great also. I'm sad I missed diving with Eddy but gabi is greedy.lol.
Opal and Mau are such special people. The little dive shop from nowhere is like home to me. It's like one big family hanging out there. We all went out to Sonora Grill restaurant on Wednesday night. Makes leaving hard. Im at my hotel right now. Can anyone start an airline strike for me for a couple days. Quoting Arne ' I'll be back'. k

From last year on Villa Blanca reef. Monkey found it this time.

Sorry, not a great picture But it is red.

Attachments

• P4131206.jpg
    P4131206.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 72
Hi!, I'm shopping around for next dive vaca., this dive report really is inviting. Where's a good place to stay? doesn't have to be fancy, but nice....been checking out Caribe Blue, hotel villa blanca and casa del mar.......any suggestions? Never been to Coz before, 1st timer......seems a lifetime away, not going till Aug/Sept. but really looking forward to it. I love taking pics and heard the colors and fishies are plentiful there! Thanks in advance!

Hi!, I'm shopping around for next dive vaca., this dive report really is inviting. Where's a good place to stay? doesn't have to be fancy, but nice....been checking out Caribe Blue, hotel villa blanca and casa del mar.......any suggestions? Never been to Coz before, 1st timer......seems a lifetime away, not going till Aug/Sept. but really looking forward to it. I love taking pics and heard the colors and fishies are plentiful there! Thanks in advance!

I'd vote for Caribe Blu (now called Blue Angel Dive Resort), but I'm really partial to that place because I've stayed nowhere else for more than 20 years.

From last year on Villa Blanca reef. Monkey found it this time.

Hi nice pic, I hope I can figure out how to put my shots on here. The horse we Gabi found this time is approx. 8-10in long with tail streched. It is very bright orange. Monkey did help me figure out my night dives with info where to go on the shallows infront of papa hogs. He is also so very excited about telling people where things are after a million dives himself.

Gabi found these for me last year

Wow nice shots fish! I just melt when I find them. Apparently they are mean little buggers with each other if they find one of their kind in their territory. Little sea horse fights, that would be fun to sea(see).

Hi diver! Maybe start a new thread and we can all put our two cents worth in. It's always fun to hear everyone totally unbiased opinions.
I suppose if you put your budget level out there. We could help better. Are you going to rent a car? I do I just love buzzing all over the island after diving. How many in your dive party. All diving? Do you want to cook? Or do you want to sample all the great eateries? Inquiring minds want to know.
Heck here's my two cent now, at least for diving. I love Opal and Maus service in diving. I like the totally casual, friendly, funloving ata of their shop. The internet name is Scubamaucozumel.com. Write Opal for your intinerary. She can also hook you up with some great living arangements. Take your time, make part of your journey there finding a spot on Coz paradise.

Hi this is my first post on this board, sounds like I am answering my dive buddy from Edmonton. It sure was great eh, My buddy and I dived 17 out of 21 days and dove places only we have heard about. Dive with Mau was first class an will again book for next year. As I am a hunt and peck typer My posts will be short. I talked with Opal the other day and hear you are heading home this week. It was great diving with you. The Mairacaibo and puta sur was great but I was just as happy to to dive all the other sites as well. As I have been diving Cozumel off and on since about 1979 all I can say it is not becoming a boring repetetive site. I would encourage and recommend diving with Mau as his company will be in it for the long run. Just to show how proactive they are they will be adding CPR and further trainig for their dive operation in the future which should peek some of us older divers out there
Bye for now my friend from Edmonton

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom