Coz recos wanted, please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I go with www.bottomtimedivers.net Raul is a great owner/dive master. Remember that for most operations the dive-sites are chosen on the boat by majority rules, unless you go with an op that is large enough to split up groups. Then you risk the regimented 40 min bottom time no matter how much air you have. I just got back and will be there in Jan also 12-17th. If those are your dates and choose Raul that will make three on the six pack voting for your way of diving.

BTW every operation That I have seen listed above my post will try their best to accommodate your wishes and are all EXCELLENT ops. Scuba Club you must dive with them if you stay at their hotel.

I'm going to COZ the end of January. I think I'm going to stay at Hotel Cozumel and dive with Paradise Dive.

loudives:
Remember that for most operations the dive-sites are chosen on the boat by majority rules...

FWIW, in my experience it's usually more by consensus than a majority rule. Most divers that I have gone out with have been accomodating folks who consider one other's sentiments and work to come up with a choice that works for everyone rather than build coalitions to try to outvote the other divers and run roughshod over their concerns.

I go with Living Underwater and Jeremy. Small boat and group, steel tanks from 95 to 120, long surface intervals spent on the beach, computer profiles, good briefings and an excellent guide who ensures that you get to see the marine life that tends to be hidden. He is always on time and cares for your gear between dive days.

What ever dive op you choose, make sure to let them know of your interests so they can try and hook you up with folks of similar interests on the boat if at all possible.

Then when you get on the boat, let the DM know of what your dive interests are also so he can be looking for things to show you.

Most dive ops and DM's are very accomodating, they want your return business and will do what they can to make your dives enjoyable.

The general rule on Coz, like most diving, is that you do your deeper dive first and a shallower one after the surface interval. There is some awsome sealife to be found on the wall dives, so don't think that just because your going deep you're not going to see and good flora or fauna.

If I had my way, I'd make almost all my dives shallower than 60 feet, I'm getting too old for that macho diving. Been there, done it, got the bragging rights...whoop de doo! However, occationally one has to dip a liitle deeper just for a change of scenery :wink:

B.T.W. sharky's top dive op pick's in no particular order:

1.) Blue Angel
2.) Dive with Martin
3.) Blue XT Sea
4.) Bottom Time Divers

all very good Dive ops and highly recommended,

have a great trip, let us hear about it when you get back

So my friends are fiercely partial to Aldora -- staying at the Aldora Villas. So we're gonna give that a try.

I'll report back on how it goes!

mark

waterbearer:
I'm going to COZ the end of January. I think I'm going to stay at Hotel Cozumel and dive with Paradise Dive.

Excellent choice. Have fun!

Aldora is a great choice. I've dove with them before. Staying at the Aldora Villas is like being aboard a liveaboard (but on land). It's a small intimate hotel. They run a great dive operation with very experienced DM. You will have a great time!

Jim

echo5506:
Aldora is a great choice. I've dove with them before. Staying at the Aldora Villas is like being aboard a liveaboard (but on land). It's a small intimate hotel. They run a great dive operation with very experienced DM. You will have a great time!

Jim

Thanks! Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom