Cozumel and currents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I actually picked up a sausage and whistle for both my wife and I after reading a thread on this board about safety devices. So niether one of us dives without one now.

Thanks

Tom

headed to Cozumel Sunday A.M. Can't wait 3rd time visiting. you will fall in love here!

Good on you for using the search feature, but just to let you know this thread is 13 years old. Welcome to Scubaboard. Have a blast on your upcoming trip.

I guess every board has slightly different etiquette. Some don't like to "cruft it up" with multiple new threads on the same topic, others insist that a new thread be started. I don't care much either way, in fact it took me a while to realize that that this was a 13 year old thread! In any event I got some info, and am doing some preliminarty research to determine where I should dive in mid-July for a nice long weekend!

It is difficult to determine which etiquette is prefered. If you ask a question that has been asked before, you are told to search. But if your search yields an old thread and you post on it, you are mocked for bringing up an old thread. Scubaboard is one of the most difficult boards I've been on for friendliness to members (new and old alike).

hmmm that's some catch, that catch-22...

Anyhow ... maybe salty dogs have a hard time admitting newbies to the ranks! In any event I 'm going diving SOMEWHERE this July. I'm afraid I've become obsessed.

I guess every board has slightly different etiquette. Some don't like to "cruft it up" with multiple new threads on the same topic, others insist that a new thread be started. I don't care much either way, in fact it took me a while to realize that that this was a 13 year old thread! In any event I got some info, and am doing some preliminarty research to determine where I should dive in mid-July for a nice long weekend!

Hey get on the July thread too! We are bringing the whole big fam on the 16th, so maybe we will see you on the island!

As for rules, the rule of the Coz Boards is do whatever you want. If you are out of line, MMM will smack you down! (There apparently are alot of rules, but I have learned them only though smack downs.)

...Scubaboard is one of the most difficult boards I've been on for friendliness to members (new and old alike).

True, but on the flip side, the people from Scubaboard who I have met in real life have been some of the friendliest folks I have ever met, and I look forward to crossing paths with Scubaboarders every trip :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom