cozumel and price from LAX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deputydan1

Contributor
Reaction score
hey all!
what do you think of this deal??

flt: roundtrip from LAX - $752
scuba club coz with all-inclusive for 3 nights - $440.

is this taker?????

-dan

deputydan1:
hey all!
what do you think of this deal??

flt: roundtrip from LAX - $752
scuba club coz with all-inclusive for 3 nights - $440.

is this taker?????

-dan
The all inclusive pricing (lodging - food - booze - diving) is in the ballpark; but the airfare is a kick in the throat!

Land price is good, but three nights isn't enough! Stay for at least a week, maybe two.

I just looked on Continental's website and was able to find RT air LAX to Cozumel for $488.

BTW - all inclusive at SCC doesn't include beverages.

thanks, guys...

really? no drinks?? that stinks. not even bottled water??

would you rather stay at intercontinental or scc? just wondering...

since we only have a weekend.. (i know....too short!), i want to do as much free shore diving as possible.....does the presidente have better shore diving or scc????

thanks a bunch!

-dan

Deputy:

If your pricing is for two people you have a good deal.

i wish, tex!
it's per person... =(

I can't speak for the intecontinetal, but you can take a tank and shore dive in front of Scuba Club any time you want. Unlimited shore diving. If you are going to do a night dive, pick up a tank (or two) before the dive shop closes.

Coffee/tea/fruit juice included with breakfast. The waiters really push water at lunch and dinner to keep you hydrated and safe. (don't drink tap water in Cozumel) You can fill up a pitcher with bottled water anytime to take to your room. You will have a mini refrigerator in your room and should go to Chedraui (Mexican Walmart) a couple of blocks down and stock up on cervezas & soft drinks.

Click on the links below for reports and pictures from SCC.

Try Travelocity. Flights from $371 rt. We have always flown Continental Lax-Houston-Coz. This year we flew Mexicana and will always use them....LAX - Mexico City-Coz. Very spacious seating and you actually got a meal and free drinks if you want. We had to take the red eye (12:15), but arrive in Coz around 10:00 am. The connections were much easier. Customs was a breeze. No standing in line on arrival and when we left we didn't have the search your bag scenario...Just went to the ticket counter and checked in When we arrived at LAX, Customs again was fabulous... Checked our passport and off we went...no search.

In previous years, going thru Houston we were always running to make the connection and having to go thru customs and collect your bags was a nightmare.

Try going thru Island Dreams or another broker. They always have specials.

We have stayed at Fiesta Americana the last 4 years and tried the All Inc.for the first time. It was perfect! Included drinks. We ate breakfast and lunch there and went into town 6 times for dinner and it was still less expensive than previous trips. We ate dinner at the hotel 6 times. They tell you can only eat in the upscale restaurant 2x, but just get to know Luis and you can eat there as often as you want. The buffets were typical.....sometimes good, often average.
Fajitas at poolside were great.

Good luck

jbjclj:
This year we flew Mexicana and will always use them....

IMHO you should avoid connections that go through Mexico City if you want your luggage to ever show up again. The only time we have ever had our stuff stolen was on Mexicana. Their response was an offer of $200 or a flight voucher good for one trip. It's just not worth it to risk losing a gear bag, no matter how well it's insured.

I always ask my travel agent to book us on the later flight back to Los Angeles, giving us a three hour layover in Houston so that the pressure is off. Pappadeaux's has great gumbo in the airport.

Back
Top Bottom